PDA

View Full Version : Clutch 200es

tapage
03-21-2014, 03:16 PM
So i bought this thing and someone jammed the clutch tight and the pedal moves in like 3 inches either way before it actually engages, anyaway to loosen it?
Travis

kb0nly
03-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Are you sure its not just the shifter moving on the shift shaft? It might rotate a bit before it grabs because the splines are worn out or the shifter is loose. If its loose you can take it off and use a cutoff wheel to take a little more out between the flats that are pinched together by the bolt to tighten it to the shaft. Also guys have wrapped pieces of aluminum pop can around the shaft and put the shifter back on to make a shim to take up that slack.

If its not the shifter then check the clutch adjustment, the screw with a nut on it on the right side case cover.

tapage
03-29-2014, 03:57 PM
sorry messed up its really loose on the upswing, and i tried to get the the adjuster to move after i loosend the nut, but it wouldn't budge

tapage
04-16-2014, 04:08 PM
sorry, bump :D

kb0nly
04-18-2014, 03:30 PM
If the adjuster screw won't turn then your going to have to pull the right side case cover off and go through it, best option at this point.