PDA

View Full Version : Big red 250es...will 90's fourtrax rear hubs fit ?

Coxy
04-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Just a question, simply because there easy to order an find at local dealers. But will fourtrax rear hubs fit onto a big red rear end? Spline count the same? Dia the same? Are the right and left sides differnt like on the red? Any info would be awesome. Thanx!

dougspcs
04-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Nope, look at the hubs on your ES..not onły are they different from left to right, but the each fit into the axle tube and support the wheel bearing.

Additionally I'm pretty sure they're not even the same from the 85 ES to the 86/87 models due to the redesign of the rear axle and brake assy.

Best look for the specific part to your year and model lest you end up with returns or spares for machines you don't own!!

Why are the Ontario newbs just saying 'Ontario' in their profiles lately?? Tell the people where you're from..

Secondly I may have what you need if I know where you are!

Coxy
04-06-2014, 10:07 PM
That I can do! I'll be a bit more specific on the location! An hey thanks for the quick response! I was just curious if there was a more readily available and cheaper alternative to finding used OEM hubs or trying to find aftermarket ones....there not bad yet but I really don't want to ware out perfectly good original axle splines.... And that I also did not know that the rear axles were redesigned for 86-87 model years! And this is why I love 3WW... All kinds of awesome info an people you won't find anywhere else!

dougspcs
04-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Take the hubs off every couple years, grease the splines then reinstall and torque the axle nut..

You'll never have to replace them!! The only reason people have to replace is neglect! They loosen, they chatter on the axle and they wear out and strip..totally unnecessary. Pretty soon the supply of parts will dry up and we'll all be screwed!!

Oh yeah, 10mm wrench on the shifter securing bolt once a year avoids it going loose and destroying the shift shaft also!!

Sometimes people think that Honda means they never have to touch it!!

Coldwater is cool, I fish in Moon River every couple years..not far. Also heading to Kearney in 3 weeks for an ATV rally. I love Northern Ontario!!

Coxy
04-07-2014, 10:31 PM
I totally check the shifter bolt almost every time I ride. I've seen tooo many get stripped off of a perfectly good running motor... An then the famous lets weld the shifter into the motor usually takes place....gah back yard hacks! I love it here! The works harder to find... But the fishing, hunting an riding can't be beat! An I cross the moon at last 3 times every summer an have always wanted to stop and and fish it! But always In a Hurry to get to or back home from camp! An would that be the rally they have In Western Algonquin on like the 20? Somthing of April? Hope we get some warmer weather an more rain or your gona be riding on alota greasy snow still in the bush!! Common spring!!

dougspcs
04-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Yeah the Kearney Spring Poker run..my brother and I attend every year. This year is on the 26th and it will be our 4th year..we get a hell of a reception because we're the only guys on trikes up against 300+ quads.

The trails are tough and there is usually snow still in the bush when we come up in last weekend of April. But this year will only tougher due the long winter!! It's been a great sledding season...but damn it needs to go away now!! Fingers crossed for some warm temps and rain!!