PDA

View Full Version : 85 Honda Atc 250r Fork ?'s. (New To Site)

bettersideways
04-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Just got a 85 Honda Atc 250r Bout Month Ago. (getting all sorts of goodies :)

Looking at doing my front fork seals as there leaking.

When look for a seal kit only thing I find are the actual seals - Bikemaster O.E. Fork Oil Seals - BikeBandit.com

Is there an full kit that includes everything? Seals, bushings, clip, ect.. like they have for dirtbikes and such.

and or

Where do you get the dust seal from? As there not avail anymore, at bikebandit or cheapcycleparts. - 1985 Honda ATC250R A FRONT FORK | Cheap Cycle Parts

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Outlaw #24
04-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Honda dealer can order the OEM about $28 a side?

bettersideways
04-08-2014, 10:31 AM
That's just for the dust seals from Honda Dealer $28 a side? Thanks for reply.

jb2wheels
04-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I re-use the dust seals but I also run boots.

I have not needed bushings or clips yet.

I've had good luck with aftermarket seals so far.

bettersideways
04-08-2014, 02:30 PM
I re-use the dust seals but I also run boots.

I have not needed bushings or clips yet.

I've had good luck with aftermarket seals so far.

I was thinking I was going to go with some aftermarket seals too, but my dust seals have some cracks in them & would like to replace them.
(Ill be putting boots on it as well, Got it without any)

For the cost of the bushings and clips ill replace them too. $22 for both forks, OEM clips & bushings.

Im just having a problem finding dust seals, anyone?? :wondering Hate to go spend $50 at the dealer for just dust seals.

Thanks for everyones replys so far! Way better here than (atvconnection) :lol:

BOB MARLIN
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM
It looks like the silencer thats on your R might a "privateer" with an add on spark arrester. The privateers are somewhat rare, sound good and are easy to re-pack.

wonderboy
04-08-2014, 03:20 PM
http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/506ba93bf870023420a21215/front-fork

OEM stuff is available. Get part #19 - This is the main seal and dust seal. $22 bucks per side.

bettersideways
04-08-2014, 04:06 PM
http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/506ba93bf870023420a21215/front-fork

OEM stuff is available. Get part #19 - This is the main seal and dust seal. $22 bucks per side.

That Is Great News, I was unsure if came with dust seal.

Have you ordered from cycle parts nation? first time seeing there site.

BOB MARLIN- Yes its a privateer w/ add on "sparky" cobra spark arrestor. Thanks for the info, It will be posted on ebay in bout week with the stock header too, What do you think its worth, ive had no luck finding any info on it.

Everyone would probably poop themselves if knew what I got it for, I drove 5 hours 1 way without knowing what it looked like (he was unable to send pics), just said was all original in ok shape, Id say its almost mint besides a few things & runs great. Was very happy, Took me 24 years but I finally got 1. :D

Pic of me on my First Atc or off road toy w/ motor for that matter.