PDA

View Full Version : BIG RED BOLT ON LIFT KIT for sale!

TRACE WHEELER
04-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I have started making bolt on lift kits for Big Reds! I only make it for the front, it's totally bolt on with no fabrication to install. It's a fully machined piece that basically spaces the front forks 3.25". The pics posted is it installed on my big red with 28" outlaws and my home made bolt on rear lift of 1.5" from bolt hole to bolt hole and it easily clears a 5 gallon bucket under the motor! I have more info and pics on my eBay post.
http://bit.ly/1ekRNk6

BigMud
04-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Here's a general question for everyone. Does the front need to be lifted? There's enough fender clearance to fit a 28 up front no? Is it just to compensate for the rear lift. Would running a 30" tire up front have same effect? Any negative effects running 30" front and 28" rear?
Are you selling your rear lift? Can you give some information on that and your snorkel as well?
I have 27x12x12 mud lites on rear of mine. No modifications

cap
04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
This should fit on other 200's as well right? I need to extend forks on a 200s about 3".

Coxy
04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
question for ya about the rear 1.5 lift....I had a big bear a few years back an did a 1.5 in the back...after about a month I had drive line noise an shortly after that broke the rear drive shaft ( u joint)....curious if you've notice any noise yet or have u changed to an up graded universal?

Stonewall
04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
I have started making bolt on lift kits for Big Reds! I only make it for the front, it's totally bolt on with no fabrication to install. It's a fully machined piece that basically spaces the front forks 3.25". The pics posted is it installed on my big red with 28" outlaws and my home made bolt on rear lift of 1.5" from bolt hole to bolt hole and it easily clears a 5 gallon bucket under the motor! I have more info and pics on my eBay post.

Nice job copying my concept and trying to make a gigantic profit from it.

Here's a general question for everyone. Does the front need to be lifted? There's enough fender clearance to fit a 28 up front no? Is it just to compensate for the rear lift. Would running a 30" tire up front have same effect? Any negative effects running 30" front and 28" rear?
Are you selling your rear lift? Can you give some information on that and your snorkel as well?
I have 27x12x12 mud lites on rear of mine. No modifications

If you don't lift the front end, but lift the back and put on larger tires, you'll end up with an outrageous amount of rake, which will make the 3 wheeler handle funny and it'll feel weird when you sit on it.

I ran 27x12-11 Vampires on a stock 250ES for a year or so, and they would get into the front fender more than I liked. I wouldn't run any larger than a 26" front tire without some kind of clearance modification.

DohcBikes
04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Sorry but if you guys think this type of lift for a big red is a new concept, keep thinking.

Farmers sons across the country have been doing it since the 80's, you of all people should know this stonewall!!

The product looks nice. If you want to build it and sell it, more power to ya. Gigantic profit, not likely.

dougspcs
04-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I'll have to agree with DOHC on this one Stonewall.

Not too many original ideas when it comes to these old machines anymore..I don't think you get to call dibs on this 'new' idea or it's marketing!!

But hell if you think Trace is gouging then make a kit yourself..perhaps powder the front insert to match the BR colour and include the rear lift bracket too!!

I don't think anyone is gonna mind a little health competition. I think I might even be tempted into buying..I know my brother would!!

Until someone files a patent it's all good!

ATC-Eric
04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
I think you should produce a kit as well. If you guys start competing it will likely drive the price down, then I would buy one.

Stonewall
04-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Maybe I worded my comment a little more harshly than I had originally intended it, I apologize.

I just found it a little too much of a coincidence that just over a month after I posted a lift like this that I built, a new member shows up trying to sell basically a refined version of the same thing. BTW, the OP has a total of 2 posts as I write this, both of which only serve to advertise this kit.

DOHC, I respect your opinion, but could you show me someone else besides me and Trace that has built a lift like this? I had never seen or heard of anyone making one like it until I made one. Every lifted Big Red I've ever seen simply had longer clamps welded on the triples.

I'm not trying to call dibs on anything, sorry if I came across that way. I would love to offer a complete BR lift, or maybe even a 2" swingarm extension, but unfortunately I'm not set up to produce anything like that for the time being. I'm glad to see someone else taking the initiative to produce something like this for sale.

On another note, the your kit does look very well made, much more refined than mine (although I built mine in a hurry in about 2 hours lol). The only thing that worry's me a bit, is that the new fork socket looks to not be any more than 2" deep, which is an inch shallower than factory, and only clamps with one bolt. Maybe that's enough though, I'm sure you wouldn't try to sell something like this without plenty of testing to make sure it's good and stout right?

DohcBikes
04-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Well stonewall, im not the type to make stuff up, and im definitely not the type that worries about proving my statements with picture evidence, so no.

Remember that 3WW is a small group of the trike owners in this country, and they dont all post pics on the net.. There are lots of things out there NONE of us have seen yet.

I lived 32 years in Nebraska. Ive seen lots of lifted atv's, more ways than i can count. Guess you'll just have to trust me on this one.

Hope you guys can make some cash on it.

dougspcs
04-21-2014, 08:32 AM
I thought this is where we came to share ideas..

So even if Trace did use your idea as a rough blueprint, if you didn't want that too happen you shouldn't have shared it.

I sure didn't expect the idea about the front wheel swap on the SX and ES not to be tried by other members! That is why I brought my discovery, or rediscovery (someone else had already thought if it before and just didn't say anything)

I happily share it and will give anyone the details to do it themselves..I don't make claim of ownership of an idea!

The fact is you are not the original thought on lifting the BR, any thread search will turn up dozens of results on the subject. It's not up to DOHC or anyone else to prove it to you.

As I stated before, build a better hammer and I'll buy it!!

atc300r
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I found this one from 2010.http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/122294-1985-ATC250ES-Big-Red

atc300r
04-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Also found this one .http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/86797-My-progress-pics-Have-a-look-fellow-trike-fans?highlight=big+red+chopper

threewheelin-feelin
05-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Sorry, I'll have to agree with DOHC on this one Stonewall.

Not too many original ideas when it comes to these old machines anymore..I don't think you get to call dibs on this 'new' idea or it's marketing!!

But hell if you think Trace is gouging then make a kit yourself..perhaps powder the front insert to match the BR colour and include the rear lift bracket too!!

I don't think anyone is gonna mind a little health competition. I think I might even be tempted into buying..I know my brother would!!

Until someone files a patent it's all good!

include the proper length front brake cable and sell as a complete kit too

Patmc
11-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Anybody offering these still?

Coon.Dog.Luke
02-24-2015, 09:30 AM
I need a set of these!

crownvicguy
04-07-2015, 10:33 PM
I'd buy one..

ps2fixer
04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Neat setup and nice looking product. I don't see where they are for sale so I'm not sure if I'll be looking to buy a set or not. I have a beater I wouldn't mind mocking up into a mudder. What is the lift measurement for the front end?

My dad fabricates so if the price is pretty crazy, I'm sure a couple of heavy pipes and some quality welding he could come up with something similar but not as pretty.

ugethergoinyet
05-19-2016, 09:29 PM
anybody have a kit these days? or some nice pictures for reference?

RedneckMechanic
05-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Haha I thought the idea of making these things into a minibike was something only I thought of but turns out, there's quite a few out there. Still dunno if ima do it lol but I thought it was something that's never been done before

Stonewall
05-25-2016, 02:43 AM
anybody have a kit these days? or some nice pictures for reference?

To my knowledge no one is selling any kind of kit currently. Here is the link to my build thread for reference, there are lots of high quality pictures in there showing how I did everything. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/165461-1986-Big-Red-5-Inch-Swingarm-Extension-and-6-Inch-Lift!! I could build you a custom kit, but it would end up costing you somewhere in the $500-$800 range, and unfortunately All-Balls no longer makes the high angle U joint I used so it's much more difficult if not impossible to run the swingarm at the angle I do.

Haha I thought the idea of making these things into a minibike was something only I thought of but turns out, there's quite a few out there. Still dunno if ima do it lol but I thought it was something that's never been done before

I have not seen it done with a shaft drive machine yet, so that would be interesting. It would probably be possible to repurpose the swingarm and diff from an old Honda cruiser motorcycle like a Shadow or something else that's shaft drive.

rt200esx
10-14-2016, 03:17 PM
I thought this is where we came to share ideas..

So even if Trace did use your idea as a rough blueprint, if you didn't want that too happen you shouldn't have shared it.

I sure didn't expect the idea about the front wheel swap on the SX and ES not to be tried by other members! That is why I brought my discovery, or rediscovery (someone else had already thought if it before and just didn't say anything)

I happily share it and will give anyone the details to do it themselves..I don't make claim of ownership of an idea!

The fact is you are not the original thought on lifting the BR, any thread search will turn up dozens of results on the subject. It's not up to DOHC or anyone else to prove it to you.

As I stated before, build a better hammer and I'll buy it!!

What did you use for your front wheel and bear claw combo? looking to do something similar to mine since i changed to 25" claws in the rear.

WildReeper
11-27-2016, 07:17 PM

Are you still selling these? How can I get a set? Please text at 9895290607 or email bmgrzesiak@yahoo.com. Thanks Brandon G.

WildReeper
12-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Anyone still making these??? Id like a set! Send me a text 989-529-0607

brud
01-14-2017, 03:06 PM
how can i get one

brud
01-14-2017, 03:12 PM
sorry a lift for the front of my 87 big red

StevenJames670
02-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Are the lifts still for sale? If so text me at 870-476-9025

3wheelnewb
02-15-2017, 11:38 PM
pretty neat idea. i be they would sell better if you fabbed a lift for the rear and sold them as a kit.

TCC1988
03-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Hey do still happen have one of those left kits left for sale?

dirtified2006
05-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Where do I go to buy that bolt on front fork lift kit???

350for350
05-12-2017, 09:05 PM
From what I remember, it never materialized.

86BigRedRider
09-27-2017, 04:30 PM
I want 2 sets for the trikes I have too!

dirtified2006
10-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Where i go to buy the lift kit?? I have a 1985 honda big red 250es

Mr.Wenddell
10-18-2017, 01:38 PM
I would like to purchase one of your big red lift kits!
How do I get my hands on one?

Please let me know.

Johnlocke4
12-30-2017, 12:40 PM

Please let me know.

I'm making them. My email is johnlocke4@yahoo.com

Johnlocke4
12-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Where i go to buy the lift kit?? I have a 1985 honda big red 250es

I make them. Johnlocke4@yahoo.com

Johnlocke4
12-30-2017, 12:44 PM

Johnlocke4
12-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Where do I go to buy that bolt on front fork lift kit???

Johnlocke4
12-30-2017, 12:49 PM

Please let me know.

Johnlocke4
12-30-2017, 12:50 PM

Poppa Wheelie
12-30-2017, 03:21 PM

That is so cool.

Brandon_Reiko
12-14-2018, 06:19 AM
That is so cool.Hey do you still makes these

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jd110
12-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Don’t believe it was him. They guy above him claims to-6 times in 10 minutes lol. I think this thread was intended for the 250es big red. If you’re looking to lift a 200e, they are entirely different.

ps2fixer
12-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Lol yea, the 200e/es doesn't even have rear suspension xD

Kind of weird I didn't see the spam replys back a year ago.

Brandon_Reiko
12-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Lol yea, the 200e/es doesn't even have rear suspension xD

Kind of weird I didn't see the spam replys back a year ago.I know they dont have any rear suspension but I figured there was a way to lift it still.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ps2fixer
12-14-2018, 10:42 PM
The reason the suspension thing is a bit of a requirement is because you can more or less put a longer shock in and it's lifted, just changing angles of things. With no suspention, the whole bolt on area of the rear axle has to be one: dropped down, and two, get the right angle, and three the drive shaft wasn't designed for the angle to change, so that might cause issues, might even have to replace or build the drive shaft. Basically put, machines with suspension (rear atleast), is much easier to lift.

Front wheel is a completely different ball game, there's no engine hooked up to it, so not nearly as critical, new pipe extension for where the front shocks goes into the forks, or cut the ridged forks and extend the piping. for the ATC185S and similar machines, there was a small lift kit adapter that bolted where the stock tire normally bolted on, and it had a new bolt location a couple inches lower than stock. My 1982 ATC185S had a pair of them, sold them long ago though, probably wouldn't work with the 200es with out mods though.

Hopefully I explained it well, not trying to be discouraging, it's just a whole design difference. As the saying goes, with a welder and a cutting torch anything is possible.

Boatrod
01-30-2019, 11:42 PM
Do no I REPEAT DO NOT SEND MONEY TO Johnlocke guy. I sent the dude $200 for a lift kit front an rear for my big red 250 ES on 12/30/18. After he got my money he quit replying back to my emails.
Hope he knows I'm seeking legal help to get my money back.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ps2fixer
01-31-2019, 12:19 AM
If you paid with paypal, open a dispute. The buyer almost always wins unless the seller can give proof.

Scootertrash
01-31-2019, 09:42 AM
Maybe out an ad in the ATV Classifieds section, or, possibly even put them in the 3WW parts shop.

Boatrod
02-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Funny thing is I missed one email and talked to him well after he FINALLY PAID ME AFTER MONTHS!!!.. I have the tracking number for your lift so good luck with your bullshit legal threats.. Children these days and their need for attention playing a victim for no reason. Thanks to the guys who are respectful and appreciative. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT sell awesome stuff to asshole millennials.

This is why you HAVE to pay first, tons of guys say “I really want one, I get paid next week can you make it” and when it’s time to pay for it they disappear.. I could post for days calling out dozens and dozens of guys that pull this crap but as an adult I refuse to waste even more of my time.Well funny this is i still haven't received it. Email me back with the address i sent you so i know it's right.

Boatrod
02-25-2019, 03:05 PM
I read through our emails and i still don't see a tracking number.
Your one email you missed well almost a month without contact.
I sent you one on January 10, January 21, January 27. You didn't reply back till January 31.
After February 7, you quit replying back to my emails.
This "asshole millennial" works hard for his money and doesn't want to be ripped off.
All i want is a tracking number and the parts i paid you for.

And the legal "threats" are me just going through Zelle or my bank and getting my money back for goods I haven't received.

Which by the way, Both your payment options, Zelle and Vemno, you can't get your money back or open a claim like PayPal.

You send me a tracking number and when the goods arrive I'll be more than happy to take these posts down.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190225/20bf3d38cbeb5d3b8f9811f4d34308d6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190225/421e603a872167043fa9ea70fd11cc7f.jpg

fabiodriven
02-25-2019, 03:34 PM
I had been in touch with the seller after you posted about not receiving your lift kit. He told me it was you who had dropped the ball.

You both aren't telling the truth, one of you has to be lying.

John Locke, the screen shots provided by your buyer do look somewhat damning to you. Did you ship your buyer a kit as you claim? You have yet to provide any tracking information to anyone.

Boatrod
02-25-2019, 05:19 PM
I left some dates out in the pictures, my first ever email to contact him was 5-25-18.
I found him on here selling them.
I didn't get a message back until 12-3-18.
With Christmas coming up money was tight.
I didn't order one from him. He contacted me on 12-29-18 asking if i still wanted a kit. I said yes and that's when we went on to pay him through Zelle. Which i paid on 12-30-18.
On 1-6-19 i emailed him asking about it he said on 1-8-19 he was sending it out tomorrow.
And after that i never received a tracking number and it ask if he sent it, he said yes but i never received a tracking number as I asked for numerous times.

Like i said if he sends me a tracking number and i receive my lift I'll be more than happy to remove these post.
I just want the lift or my money back.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190225/8815691c8d29b45870c1fb976e63a872.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190225/e90dcb94f6548d037bec82e315d47f00.jpg

Boatrod
02-25-2019, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=fabiodriven;1492528]I had been in touch with the seller after you posted about not receiving your lift kit. He told me it was you who had dropped the ball.

Can you ask him how i dropped the ball?
I paid the dude, i quadruple checked how I sent my address to him.
I don't understand how it's my fault

fabiodriven
02-25-2019, 05:27 PM
I sent him a message this morning asking for him to appear in this thread.

Gabriel
02-25-2019, 05:32 PM
OOooooooo! A summons to appear in the Court of Fabio.

All rise betches!!!!!!

Boatrod
02-26-2019, 09:42 PM
You hear anything back from him??

I sent him another email trying to get in contact with him and he still not replying. Don't know if he's working or just ignoring my emails

Boatrod
03-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Still waiting on a tracking number...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190304/476243b268cb13666f3502821a91ded8.jpg

fabiodriven
03-03-2019, 09:46 PM
I'm going to text him right now.

Boatrod
03-23-2019, 09:39 PM
Alright well good news. Got in touch with the seller and there was a mistake with shipping but he took care of it and i received the lifthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190324/5f7820c39a9dadfb08af42e0a76a4b70.jpg

TwoBit
05-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Hey do you still make these ? Or do you at least still have all the measurements and plans to make them?

Bomber34
05-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Will this work on a 1985 250 SX?

Johnlocke4
05-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Yes it will, basically the same

Bryce5022
10-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Hey could you post a new link of the bolt lift kit I need one!

Johnlocke4
10-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Email me johnlocke4@yahoo.com

JR91
05-25-2022, 01:09 PM
DO NOT BUY from JOHN LOCKE- SCAMMER! Paid him $200 April 2nd- Claimed he would send in 1 week. Claimed he couldnt get the steel but would soon. ok. Then claimed he had a kid...ok. then claimed they all got COVID...ok...Then claimed he would send tomorrow- GREAT! then ghosted me for 2 weeks. Not a word! Total Scam artist ASSHOLE! I filed a claim with VENMO via goods and service. We shall see.

Johnlocke4
05-25-2022, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words kiddo. You never once asked for a refund, not once. Your purchase is also protected so how were you scammed. Your lift is on its way, painted hot pink like you asked. Enjoy

ps2fixer
05-25-2022, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words kiddo. You never once asked for a refund, not once. Your purchase is also protected so how were you scammed. Your lift is on its way, painted hot pink like you asked. Enjoy

Just wondering, why would you send the product while the payment is in dispute? Seems like it would be easier to just give the refund since it's unlikely the customer would be happy in either case. I don't work with Venmo so don't know how payments work there. Just wondering, not trying to take sides or anything.

Johnlocke4
05-26-2022, 01:49 AM
Just wondering, why would you send the product while the payment is in dispute? Seems like it would be easier to just give the refund since it's unlikely the customer would be happy in either case. I don't work with Venmo so don't know how payments work there. Just wondering, not trying to take sides or anything.

Part is made to order, venmo asks for tracking and dispute is closed. This is also after him saying many tines no rush i am in no hurry. He also said he read that i take a while to get part and still ordered. Being a the vulgar child he is, he gets hot pink paint.