PDA

View Full Version : trike pulling to the right

daytripper
04-13-2014, 07:10 AM
hello got a question just pulled trike out for spring it pulls to the right and seems like tire got a wobble was thinking wheel bearing any help would be appreciated. thanks

atc007
04-13-2014, 07:24 AM
Even up tire pressures. To check bearings, stand on pegs,and wiggle side to side. There should be zero give except tire flection.

Coxy
04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Yea sounds like a low right side rear tire or a stuck break possibly..... An the wobble could be bearings or flat spots in the tires from sitting in one place all winter too

lokisbuddy
04-13-2014, 12:04 PM
depending on if its stock swingarm bolt could be one side chain tensioners adjusted differently.

rg97
04-13-2014, 02:04 PM
This could be answered much more effectively if we knew what kind of trike it is. For example, on the first gen 200x, there were two chain adjustments. If you moved one and didnt know about the other, then you wouldnt track straight. That is the only model that I know of that operated that way.

Your tire wobble could be because of a few things. as said earlier, bearings could be a culprit and if you have it apart eventually you should replace them anyways. Also, it could be a bent axle, again some models are more prone to that than others.

Could be a loose castle nut on the axle, near the wheel, if someone forgot to throw a cotter pin back in there.

Least likely IMO, but possible, is a bent rim.

I doubt that a stuck rear brake has something to do with either of these problems, as a solid axle three wheeler would be affected on both sides by a sticking master cylinder or caliper.

EDIT: as I looked through your posts I'm guessing this is your 200e or your 185s.
SO, that will rule out the two stage adjuster. Could still be anything else that is suggested

czac
04-13-2014, 06:52 PM
It didn't do any of this when you put it away for the winter?
If not, check the rear tire pressure and give it a few laps arout the yard to get rid of any flat spots in the tires from it sitting all winter?

sblowe
04-13-2014, 11:35 PM
I have seen a bent front fork make it pull.

Schmoore Racing
04-14-2014, 12:27 AM
my 85r pulled a little. I replaced rear axle bearings and swing arm bearings and it fixed it. pivot works makes a decent kit for it with all dust seals and bearings. you can still order nos from Honda as well.

czac
04-14-2014, 10:08 AM
I have seen a bent front fork make it pull. So have I and then I fixed it, it still pulled until I loosened everything, squared it up and tightened it all up and it was a lot better..in fact, I have to do this again after putting the tri z front end on my trike...it pulls to the left pretty hard. makes it horrible to ride on pavement!

fabiodriven
04-14-2014, 04:22 PM
To the OP, your problem is uneven tire pressure as stated.

To the guys claiming their twisted front end is making their trike pull, you're wrong. If your front end is twisted, the machine will still track straight. Your handlebars will be turned to one side or the other but the machine itself cannot track wrong unless you are holding the bars straight (with a twisted front end). If you ride the machine for more than 10 seconds and don't figure out that you have to keep the bars turned to one side in order to go straight and YOU keep tracking the trike to one side yourself, it's time for a new hobby.

Coxy
04-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Well actually if you have one fork bent it's going to cock the front tire off the the bent back side....and would most deffinetly have a pull to it....as the fork is bent back on one side the front axle( which could now also be bent back) is not square to the bike making the front wheel slightly turned in the direction of the bent fork making it want to "pull" or turn that direction....had a Yamaha that happened to an always pulled after that...an bars straight or trying to ride with the bend...it always had that right hand pull to it

daytripper
04-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Sorry forgot it's a 1983 200e I bought it last fall and parked it never got to ride it till now it pulls to the right and feels like a slight wobble and fork shocks seem froze any ideas where i should start

wonderboy
04-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Well actually if you have one fork bent it's going to cock the front tire off the the bent back side....and would most deffinetly have a pull to it....as the fork is bent back on one side the front axle( which could now also be bent back) is not square to the bike making the front wheel slightly turned in the direction of the bent fork making it want to "pull" or turn that direction....had a Yamaha that happened to an always pulled after that...an bars straight or trying to ride with the bend...it always had that right hand pull to it

...and then you turn the handlebars the other way and the wheel is now straight ahead again.

Tire pressure is the issue.

daytripper
04-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Thanks will check tire pressure first thing this morning let you know how it goes thanks