PDA

View Full Version : New Member Vermont

StealthNinja
04-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Hello all. I have been using 3WW for some time as a guest. Decided it is time to get on board. I currently own more toys than I need, but not more than I want! I have a 1985 Yamaha YTM200E Reverse. Shaft drive, semi-auto trans. It has been in my family since new. My parents bought it for my younger brother when he was 17. Within 2 years of owning it, he broke most every bone in his body crashing it! My parents suggested that I take it down to southern NY where I used it to help put up firewood and cruise around with my young kids piled on it! It has been a fantastic workhorse. Living in Vermont for the past 20+ years and have had the bike all this time. All 3 of my kids (2 girls and a boy) have all ridden it through the years. They are grown and gone now. My wife uses it around the yard for landscaping and I use it to haul deer out of the woods behind the house where I hunt. While it is not pretty, plastics faded, racks bent, handlebars bent, seat has a fox-shaped hole in the cover, it has never required any repair other than routine oil changes, carb clean / fuel flush (friggin E85 crap) and replaced the pull starter rope. Other than that, starts first or second pull every time! A real testament to Yamaha manufacturing way back when.

honda atc guy
04-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Welcome to the forum fellow Vermonter. :beer

jakep53
04-14-2014, 05:24 AM
welcome to 3ww

StealthNinja
04-14-2014, 08:09 AM
Thank you for the welcome fellas! Took advantage of a break in the rain here yesterday and threw on a new set of rear disk brake pads. Replaced the front drums last fall before winter storage. What a difference it makes actually being able to stop exactly where I want. About 10 years ago a friend of mine mentioned to me that he had a 350X in his shed. He never road it as he had a 600 Grizzly. I think that I will try to contact him to find out if it is still around. Might be another project that I don't need!

JasonB
04-14-2014, 09:14 AM
welcome to the boards!

Daniel86
04-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Hello and welcome to the site from middle TN!:welcome: