PDA

View Full Version : Photographers get ready: Total lunar Elclipse tonight.

czac
04-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Get you alarms set and cameras ready... if you're into that sort of thing. I may or may not be shooting this. it depends on if I remember to or not...lol

http://news.yahoo.com/total-lunar-eclipse-moon-tetrad-163514251.html

Attention stargazers! You're about to be treated to a series of space spectacles.

"Space Monday," as astronomers have dubbed it, kicks off in the late afternoon when SpaceX, the private spaceflight company, is planning a rocket launch. The Falcon 9, carrying its Dragon spacecraft to the International Space Station, is set to lift off at 4:58 p.m. EDT from Florida's Cape Canaveral. The event is being webcast live by both NASA and SpaceX and streamed on Space.com.

After sunset, attention turns to Mars, which will pass within 57 million miles of Earth — its closest approach since January 2008, according to Space.com.

The sky show continues on April 15 at 1:58 a.m. EDT, when a full moon passes through Earth's amber shadow, producing a full lunar eclipse visible across North America.

The 78-minute total eclipse is the first in a tetrad, or a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-14-2014, 04:32 PM
I have always been fascinated by cosmology. Shows like "The Universe" on History usually reel me in hook, line, and sinker....

Scootertrash
04-14-2014, 05:30 PM
I have always been fascinated by cosmology. Shows like "The Universe" on History usually reel me in hook, line, and sinker....

I dint know the history channel had a show about putting on make-up :P

I'm gonna try to get up for it, I'm usually up between 4 and 4:30 but the mid eclipse here ends at3:30 or so I think. I'm pretty much in a coma until my alarm goes off.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-14-2014, 06:21 PM
I think you are confusing cosmology with cosmetology! LOL! ;)

Dirtcrasher
04-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I love your worm holes!!!!!!!!!!

czac
04-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I got up but it was way too cloudy to see anything... oh well, there's always next time! lol

shortline10
04-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Took this picture about 4:10 this morning .
Defiantly a strange sight to see :lol:

Scootertrash
04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
I think you are confusing cosmology with cosmetology! LOL! ;)

I was bein a smart arse. Better smart arse than no arse ;)

That was about the same view I had shortline, I just didn't bother to grab a camera. There is supposed to be 2 more or something like that this year. Maybe the moon will be a little closer on one of those passes. :wondering