PDA

View Full Version : 110 / 90 cc Honda atc compatability

snowmoboyle
04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi Gang -

Usually a vintage snowmobile guy, but a recent move gives me a large yard and lots of dirt roads that I just cannot drive a car down....

SO

Found a late 70's early 80's? 110 (so I'm told) atc. It's sporting a tank from a 78 atc 90, and who knows what else. It smokes badly so assume rings at the very least are in need. It does fire right up but needs some adjustment in the carb - high idle, etc? Lots to check over!

Is the top end from a 90 able to bolt on to the bottom end of a 110?

Also - to post pictures, do I need to upload them somewhere else to host them? I'll get some up of this lil' beast lol

shortline10
04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Nope the 90 has a shorter timing chain and a smaller wrist pin , not so simple . It can be done if you want to change out the crank and a few other major parts LOL .
Hi Gang -

Usually a vintage snowmobile guy, but a recent move gives me a large yard and lots of dirt roads that I just cannot drive a car down....

SO

Found a late 70's early 80's? 110 (so I'm told) atc. It's sporting a tank from a 78 atc 90, and who knows what else. It smokes badly so assume rings at the very least are in need. It does fire right up but needs some adjustment in the carb - high idle, etc? Lots to check over!

Is the top end from a 90 able to bolt on to the bottom end of a 110?

Also - to post pictures, do I need to upload them somewhere else to host them? I'll get some up of this lil' beast lol

snowmoboyle
04-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Dang - figured so...

Is there a book that would be beneficial to me to read - study - etc? I'm new to 4 strokes - have a limited knowledge of 2 stroke. I have never rebuilt an engine but am comfortable with taking things apart especially with schematics to follow!

I think I want to repaint the tank on this little guy, and call it "lil red" lol Then to find a "Big red" for me! My grandpa had one when I was little, that was an impressive rig for a 3 wheeler. E start, reverse, I think 86 or so?
Thanks!