PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have factory rear plastic for 85 Honda 200s?

burbs84
04-16-2014, 12:00 AM
So I picked up a 1985 Honda ATC 200s. Not in the best shape but Ive seen worse. Im in the process of sorting out what needs to be done and looking for parts. So far I have fixed a cracked headlight bezel and front fender with my heat staple gun, plastic epoxy and refinshed them with spies hecker paint. Came out fantastic with the chrome headlight ring painted gloss black. Refinished the headlight brackets also. Bought used perches, decompression cable, cleaned out the carb and went over settings, adjusted the auto clutch and a few misc things.

I still have a lot of work to do. The rear plastic is maier and I dont even know if its for the 200s. Does anyone have a full factory rear fender set up with the trunk and mud guards available? Other things I need to do or repair is a bent foot brake lever, buy new brake shoes, lube up brake cables, buy new chain adjustment screw, new air filter, sprocket cover, some misc hardware, find a decopression cable ring and metal bracket that the cable connects to in the recoil starter, etc. A LOT more work than I anticipated but its another challange for me.

Im a painter at a body shop so Im refinishing all the plastics and metal tank after I do the necessary repairs. Painting the right way, not rattle canning it. Any helpful hints, advice or input is appreciated. Right now it pulls hard to the left and it seems to feel jammed when trying to take off, somewhere in the rear. I was kind of thinking axle bearings are shot. It will move after I get it out of that jamb but rides uneasy. Again parts, advice... I really appreciate it, Im new to these 3 wheelers!