PDA

View Full Version : carb issues

funtimes221
04-20-2014, 08:21 PM
1985 honda 200x

Rebuilt from ground up, replaced carb with new one. The issue now is I am leaking gas out of the (bowl overflow tube?) I have adjusted every screw on the carb with no luck. Any suggestions?

dmfaulks85
04-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Sounds like the float valve is stuck open

dougspcs
04-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah, what 'dmfaulks' said..the overflow is just that. A way for excess fuel to get out of the carb when it's overfilling. Thus your float or float valve is the issue!! It's what stops fuel from flowing into the carb once the bowl is full..you get that very simple principle right?

Sorry not trying to make you sound dumb, it's just that everyone seems to post this question.

It's exactly the same as what stops your toilet from pouring water into the tank after it's filled. Not sure why this is such a stumper time and time again?

So my big question is..you said carb replaced. Could it be you bought one of those awesome Chinese carbs from Ebay?? If so rebuild the OEM and put it back on!

cap
04-20-2014, 11:08 PM
For some reason the float is not rising up far enough or the float needle is not seating on the seal, that needle seal is what stops the fuel from filing into the bowl and in your case overfilling and over flowing. Open up the carb and inspect the float, pay close attention to the pin the float rotates on, make sure it is free. Inspect the needle and seat for debris or damage. Check the float level when the needle is seated. If the float has fuel in it there is a hole somewhere.

funtimes221
04-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys, Just an fyi it was a true jap carb I bought, I never buy anything off ebay

atc007
04-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Take it for a rip. A mile or two. That usually passes the the tiny little piece of crap under your needle. If not try rapping your carb with a plastic screwdriver handle while it's idling. If none of the above work. Tear in and clean your carb.