PDA

View Full Version : 85 BR left side hub manufacturer needed

Coxy
04-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Well the left side hub on my BR Is starting to wiggle a lil bit...took er off today an the splines on the axle seem nice an square still.. But the hub.. Well she seems a wee bit wore out an the splines on it have gotten quite wore an "sharp" now so she's time for a new one before it hurts the axle.... So my question is.... where can I get re-popped hubs for my BR.... I'd prefer to just go new an not used if I can... I'd like a good fitting hub an if someone may know where to find some! Or have tried or has info on some I'd love to hear it, please an thanks Eh!

3wheelrider
04-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Buddy-you'll have to find another (85 only) left hub- nothing else fits & no one makes them. Sorry. Try Ebay or atv classified here under "The Goods" section

Coxy
04-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Well I found a company online that has them new apparently.... But they don't have them labeled properly....and there like 179 a piece so I'm a lil Leary on getting them at that cost if they don't turn out to be right

Coxy
04-24-2014, 07:49 PM
And they won't ship to Canada, scratch that idea

dougspcs
04-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Can you provide a link to this supplier and item?

I'm sure others would be interested or perhaps be able to say if they are a go or no-go!

I've never seen any repro hubs that will fit the 85 ES because if it's very specific styling..

Talk to me nice and I might sell you one from my precious 250ES parts stash!!

DohcBikes
04-24-2014, 11:15 PM
$179 for one hub? Wow.

Coxy
04-25-2014, 11:02 AM
192061192060192061192060Really 179 isn't too bad at all for a part no one can get.... And as my memory serves a rear hub for a Polaris predator is over 120 an its still produced..... An Dougspcs they say on the site they will only ship to the USA an Alaska but here's the site.... Annn hmmm sarnia is a lil far from where i am butt i see ya head north to Kearny an such 2 ride

DohcBikes
04-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Hmm. Need to get my hands on one then. Around here I can probably get a whole 85 Big Red for the cost of 3 hubs.

What's so special about them?

Coxy
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Well no one really remakes them at all that I can find....an there a part that wares out on alota bikes if people don't remove them an grease the splines so they don't rust an deteriorate....an people like to neglect tightening the castle nut on them as well.....which causes wear on them....and the there's the pirates with the welders...that like to weld the hubs on an ruin good axles an hubs as well.... also 85 is the only year hub that fits 85's, they changed them in 86 from my understanding. So they don't have a lot going for them lol

Howdy
04-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Coxy, We have a 85 BR parts machine I am parting out. The rear axle and hubs are in great shape. If your interested I can and will ship to Canada. Might be able to get them across the boarder to save a little.
Howdy

Coxy
04-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Howdy, sorry on the really slow reply here! And thanx a lot for the offer too!!, been a busy weekend dove 3.5 hours to pick up another BR for a friend, to get there... An he had sold it to anther guy just minutes before.....knowing we were coming for it! Anyways I'd be interested in this axle and hubs you have for sale for the 85 ....odd to say being 26....but I've never purchased anything off line before. Especially from someone personally ( I've seen an read your posts on here for years so I would very much so trust you) I just mean I'm not sure of the go around for payment an sending things this way.....

Howdy
04-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Sorry I just got this ( working lots of OT right now ). Let me get to the shop and get the axle / hubs and pics. I will also try to get the price and shipping cost and such.
Howdy

Coxy
05-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Howdy your a good man! no rush tho, funds are tight right now here. I wish I was working lots of OT like you! Lol I could sure use it, but I'm definetly interested in it, as I'm having one helluva time locating a good one near me here, and if I'm gona drive 5 hours and use all that fuel to MAYBE get a good one, it just may be more cost effective to get one shipped up I can see, an save the wear an tear on the ol truck... Thanks again! An like I said no panic, but I'm totally interested in seeing it an hearing what she'd cost to get north

Coxy

Howdy
05-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Sorry I haven't had a chance to even get to the shop this week yet. It's nucking futs here right now. I'm lucky to get 3-4hrs sleep each day. arggggggg

dougspcs
05-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Annn hmmm sarnia is a lil far from where i am butt i see ya head north to Kearny an such 2 ride

Sorry Coxy, we missed the opportunity to meet if that was your thought..you posted this on the Friday and at the moment you posted (11:00) I was just passing Huntsville..Kearney bound!

All the same, I'll pass this one on to Howdy..I'm not super eager to part with these valuable parts. Most of them mean more to me than selling them.

Just trying to help a brother out..if you are really stuck and the Howdy thing doesn't work out, then let me know. I could package and ship..

Coxy
05-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Hope the ride was great! An mucho appreciated dougsps!!! Thanks for the awesome offer and I'll keep it in mind.... An remember that too, if I ever see ya hunting out a part in the future and I know where there is one or have one, I'll be sure to let you know! And Howdy no sorry needed, an no worries fella! Sounds like your run off your feet right now! Like I said no rush on getin the pics an info about them, but I'm definetly interested to see. Thanx again

Coxy