PDA

View Full Version : is this a 250r? not sure

jacobfour
04-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Came across a 3 wheeler had white gas tank, no decals, red front fender but had the small racing style tires in the back like a 250r. guy said it was a 250. I'm wondering is it a 250r, 200sx, or 200x? I didn't ask any questions other than is it the 350 atc and he said no 250 so idk if its manual or automatic after he said not 350 I kept walking. I didn't have any intentions of buying bc didn't know a hole lot about 3 wheelers but after doing some research if it is the 250r manual 2 stroke I think that would be a blast to drive never driven a 3 wheeler before nor did I know about the 250r. So basically the white gas tank makes me think its a 250sx or a 200x but it has red front fender, but the racing style small back tires makes me think it is the 250r. I got the engine numbers to go back and make sure it is a 250 or what not but just wondering what uall thought it could be. Maybe they just used a white gas tank. or did the 250r's ever have a white gas tank?

M.Pargiello
04-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Was there a really big pipe? Or a small tube for exhaust?

DohcBikes
04-27-2014, 10:53 AM
You got the engine numbers......post them.

jacobfour
04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
not sure just kinda glanced over it didn't really look over it to well since it wasnt a 350 it lost my interest untill i went home did some research and learned about 250r. I'm gonna go back and look at it if its the 250r im buying it.

jacobfour
04-27-2014, 12:27 PM
no I got them later on after i did some research on the net. I'm gonna go back and look at it to see what numbers it has and then I'l know for sure. I guess if it is 250r then they just bought white gas tank or robbed one off maybe a 200x, from what I saw on net 250r didn't come with it.

atc300r
04-27-2014, 01:29 PM
The 200x gas tank mounts different on a 250r than a 200x. If its 250 then Id say 250sx. Or a 200x with a 250 motor in it.

DohcBikes
04-27-2014, 05:05 PM
If youve never ridden a three wheeler before, go buy it, ride it, post pics of yourself smiling ear to ear next to the trike, and then we will tell you what it is....deal?

slashfan7964
04-27-2014, 05:35 PM
If youve never ridden a three wheeler before, go buy it, ride it, post pics of yourself smiling ear to ear next to the trike, and then we will tell you what it is....deal?

I'm with you on this one.

Can you tell us which one of these pictures most closely resembles the machine? If you have to mix match parts, tell us what parts are on what machine.

emmie357
04-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Easiest way to tell is look at the exhaust and head. the 250r is a two stroke, it will have a big expansion chamber for a pipe, and the head will be small... no valve adjustment covers, no cam, no cam chain. If it has a small pipe and a tall head with valve adjustment covers, it's a 4 stroke.

jacobfour
04-30-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm with you on this one.

Can you tell us which one of these pictures most closely resembles the machine? If you have to mix match parts, tell us what parts are on what machine.

I'd Say Top Left pic And Bottom Left pic is what it closely looks like. I Don't think it had the gas tank flares/Vents on the tank. If I remember it had Blue Front shock boots. It looked more like the 350 or 250sx but it had the racing low profile tires on the back which makes me think its 250r, 250sx is more of a trail rig isnt it?. maybe just rigged up white gas tank? idk in couple days Im going back to look it over check engine numbers and see I also got wind of another that is for sure a 250r 1984 air cooled just needs top end rebuild so guy says so in couple days hopefully I will have something and I'l post pics.

ironchop
04-30-2014, 08:39 PM
this is all too painful to watch

jacobfour
05-01-2014, 01:17 AM
this is all too painful to watch

I was just curious if anyone would know what it is by just the body itself with no decals on it bc I'm not familiar with 3 wheelers. I'm aware the difference in 2 stroke, 4stroke, manual, or semi automatic like i said I just faintly glanced at the bike. I appreciate the encouraging comment, thanks.::mad:

barnett468
05-01-2014, 03:24 AM
I was just curious if anyone would know what it is by just the body itself with no decals on it...Yes.......

barnett468
05-01-2014, 03:25 AM
With photos

czac
05-01-2014, 07:55 AM
I'd Say Top Left pic And Bottom Left pic is what it closely looks like. I Don't think it had the gas tank flares/Vents on the tank. If I remember it had Blue Front shock boots. It looked more like the 350 or 250sx but it had the racing low profile tires on the back which makes me think its 250r, 250sx is more of a trail rig isnt it?. maybe just rigged up white gas tank? idk in couple days Im going back to look it over check engine numbers and see I also got wind of another that is for sure a 250r 1984 air cooled just needs top end rebuild so guy says so in couple days hopefully I will have something and I'l post pics.

the rear tires don't matter, you can get after market wheels and tires like that for any trike, I just got some for my Yamaha 225. HEy, even if its a 200, who cares, it will be plenty fast for a new rider (these things take a little getting used to..lol) and its going to get your foot in the door to the 3 wheeler world...lol if its in good shape and the price is right, grab it...
Funny, when I was looking, I too was looking for the 350 because I had always wanted one but sadly, they are about as far out of my price range as they were when they came out brand new....lol times may have changed but some things stay the same!

czac
05-01-2014, 07:57 AM
what state are you in?

slashfan7964
05-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Sounds like it's a 1985 200X to me, since he said it's not a 350.

ironchop
05-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I appreciate the encouraging comment, thanks.::mad:

calm down....and we are all grown ass men here.....we don`t need or do 'encouraging comments'.

you posted an account of your conversation with a guy who may or may not know what he has. Then you put up your own loose description with nary a single picture from even your cell phone or a motor serial or any clue other than to say it had 'racing style tires' (whatever that means) and a 'white tank'....which describes probably thousands of trikes out there.

I`m not trying to be a dick, Jacob, but you don`t understand that people can`t ID a trike on the internet from that description, no pics, and the assumption that it even came with that white tank from the factory to begin with. Trikes today have their original pieces, tanks, plastics only some of the time which you yourself acknowledged in post #5. You also weren`t originally sure if its a 200X, 250SX, or 250R........you have to understand that you are probably the 6,734th new member to ask ppl to ID something sight unseen and without the benefit of even one picture which is nearly impossible what with the frequency that folks make frankentrikes out of whatever and mix/match stuff between models.

Everyone asks an impossible or seemingly silly question to answer at least once online. I`ve done it four or five times. You can`t be sensitive about the internet. Much body language is lost in translation when typing out a conversation on the net and not face to face. Just roll with it. Its all Perspective.

now post some pics and I guarantee that somebody on this forum knows exactly what that trike is no matter how rare or what brand/model it is. They are goin to need to SEE it thought to be positive.

Welcome to the forum!

Jwmajic
05-01-2014, 11:16 AM
I agree with ironchop the color of the tank an plastics are not always going to be right I've seen Honda fenders and headlights on a Yamaha before. Some pics of the motor and frame would be more helpful. If you got a smarphone you can use a vin number decoder to figure it out while you looking at the bike.

atcdude0
05-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Even if it is the 250sx, you should get it. I've never felt that it was slow or anything. It may be 'more of a trail machine', but that doesn't make it slow, just maintnence free. If its shaft drive, its the 250sx.

350for350
05-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I agree! If you want it and the price is good enough, buy it!

jacobfour
05-04-2014, 12:32 AM
I agree! If you want it and the price is good enough, buy it!

Went back and looked it over it was a 250sx. Didnt buy it. I wanted 2 stroke 250r. Got word of one from the net and checked it today and bought it $400. Il post pics tomorrow. Diffenetly a project. But it has potential.