PDA

View Full Version : They told me there was cake....

Mr_Gixxer
04-28-2014, 11:59 AM
...Where's my cake?

Oh, well. Newbie member here, ready for my lashings on another forum. First time 3 wheeler owner but no stranger to motorsports. Rode rice rockets for many years, dirt bikes and quads too. Found a 3 wheeler at a yard sale last weekend that I just had to have and here I am.

Lots of great info here, hope to meet some riders in my area!

Outlaw #24
04-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Post up Photo's Gixxer. 3 wheeler first!

Mr_Gixxer
04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Post up Photo's Gixxer. 3 wheeler first!
Here she is...

'84 200es. Traded an extra gun I had laying around for her.

Brought her home, slapped a new spark plug in, changed the oil and cleaned the screen and tweaked the carb a bit and she purrs like a kitten! No smoke but I can hear a little timing chain slap and the top end needs a refresh as it bleeds a little like any other old motor does.

DohcBikes
04-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Nice trike....love the signature as well;)

Mr_Gixxer
04-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Nice trike....love the signature as well;)

Hey thanks! Surprised you picked up on that. I usually frequent a few gun forums, that's my first hobby. Wheeling is my pastime from my hobbies:)

The 3x isn't in bad shape, seen MUCH worse. What can you expect from a machine built 30 years ago ya know? Should be a fun project too, lots of little tweaks and things planned to give her a little TLC otherwise it'll mostly be a complete refurb with maybe some slight enhancements. My main purpose was to have something to ride with my 6 year old son when he's out on his little 50 dirtbike and to also do chores around the farm. Might just have to get me one of those pull behind mowers!!!