PDA

View Full Version : 1985 yamaha tri moto 175

Jake Powell
04-28-2014, 10:19 PM
I recently picked up a tri moto 175 and it runs good but only at an idle and 1st and 2nd gear. Once you go to third or 4th it just Boggs down and will stall out. 1st and 2nd gear work fine. What could this be?

86125m
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Well I am not claiming to know anything about yamhas my blood bleeds honda red. But it sounds likes You need to clean your carb.

sick85crownvic
04-30-2014, 06:19 PM
I would agree....go through the carb and make sure everything is free and clear...does it look like anything has been modified...maybe it's lean. My buddy had a problem with his blaster....one of the "petals" broke off of the reeds and somehow magically bent the needle? I'm not claiming that's exactly what happened, but we never found that reed petal...we replaced the reeds and straightened the needle and it still wouldn't run right until we dropped the needle(I'm assuming because it was bent). Just two weekends ago he added Boyeson reeds and re-jetted with new needle and boy what a monster it is on the top end....it never pulled well in 4-6gears but it sure does now.

Good luck,
Don