PDA

View Full Version : Where we're going,We don't need roads.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Hey all,Been awhile. Thought I'd share a vid. :)
107mph, 156 foot jump near my house,not on a trike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WWzVEiSbSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka5q5kNcuP8
Other ESPR 2014 vids also

redsox
04-29-2014, 10:24 PM
thats no joke. wow.

tripledog
04-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Now how the heck are you supposed to text when you are driving that fast?

Dave Little
04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
I remember when you brought this up a while back and had concerns...glad it all worked out. I mean no one got hurt but I'm sure folks were inconvenienced and all.

Bren_downe
04-29-2014, 11:52 PM
Pffft… I do that in the corolla all the time. Now if he could do that while holding a cig and drinking coffee… then I'd be impressed!
Seriously though, that was awesome!

YAMAHA_Jim
04-30-2014, 07:07 AM
I behaved myself this year :) Others parked there car in the road and refused to move.An idiot on a 4 wheeler refused orders not to enter the coarse and almost got hit by a car as he went against the flow of race traffic,The driver returned to the pits,loaded his car up and left.Said it wasn't worth the risk.I also heard someone was throwing chairs and other things at the cars as they went by.

Dave Little
05-01-2014, 10:37 PM
So what day/time did this take place and how long did the race organizers hold residents hostage? Also, who are they to just close off a street like that?

YAMAHA_Jim
05-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Rock Hill fire Dept. hosts the event. Empire State Performance Rally puts on the event(they have facebook pages,I dont :).Months of planning with the Town of Thompson and Town of Fallsburg.There is a NY state law (1183b) that says the roads can be closed to hold a racing event as long as the racers excercise reasonable caution(yeah right).I didnt know 1183b existed and neither did many others residents in Rock Hill.The head organizer(local firemen and espr guy) kept hush,hush as he got permission from the town so that by the time everyone learned of the race,he already got the OK from town board. I blew a cerebral gasket before the first race in 2012 when I heard cars were going to go past my house 80 to 100 mph.My living room is 20' from the edge of the road.The first few that went by shook pictures off the wall.They went past my house twice on saturday and once on sunday. In 2013,ESPR decided not to use my road b/c they added a few different roads to the coarse.This year they only went past my house once on saturday morning(stage 1 of 18). This year I said "screw it" sit on the front lawn and enjoy the race cars flying by.If I knew one was going to jump 156 feet at 107mph a quarter mile down the road,I woulda been there instead :) My lil cousin shot the jump video. O,,,M,,,G,,, Damn,,,Damn :) The ATV rider that rode onto the coarse while cars were racing has already been ID'ed and the police notified,A race photographer snapped a pic of him and was put on RHFD facebook after the race. So far I hear the espr guys want a chicane in front of the jump if they use my road next year. I'm going to do my best to get them to let the cars fly again :)

YAMAHA_Jim
05-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Roads close at 7am and open at 10:30am. Then the next section is closed for the same amount of time.,,,and so on. it also depends on how long each race stage is.Its very confusing to alot of residents that have no idea what a rally race is.I dont mind my road being closed,I had a safety issue.

Dave Little
05-01-2014, 11:33 PM
OK, I see that's not too bad. 3.5 hour shutdown. Next year have some more fun and string a banner high across the road that says...Git It Raaaag!! We'll have a good chuckle watching the in-car footage rolling past your place and racers not knowing the derivation of the phrase.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Thats an idea!! I doubt i can get one over the road.Maybe use the Tri-Z's as pole holders and put it up between the Z's out in the lawn.Gotta have 3WW on it also.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Latest jump remix vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEzgq2HoV5s
My house(red) on the left,dont blink. This morning I checked out hanging a "Git it Raaaag!" banner over the road.The way the road curves,The wires are directly over center of the road and would interfere for sure.

Dave Little
05-02-2014, 09:39 AM
You could do it anywhere along the course...especially where the cars touchdown for a landing after the jump :p