PDA

View Full Version : KLT 250 with little to no spark, help please!

KawiFreak
05-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Alright I'll start by saying I've replaced every electrical component except for the starter relay and the fuel pump. So once I got everything hooked back up, I checked for spark and I am only getting one tiny spark once I flip the toggle switch (my starter "button") and while its cranking over there is no spark. I have reason to suspect I BOUGHT either a BAD cdi box or a pulse coil because when I test the ohms, they're not giving me what the manual says it should be. I put a new wiring harness on too and cleaned the battery terminals as well. So any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

DohcBikes
05-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Welcome to Three Wheeler World!

Sounds to me like you have some stuff hooked up wrong. You should not recieve a spark simply by powering the coil, the only thing that should make the plug spark is input from the pulse coil and cdi.

If you are explaining that your readings are off, its best if you tell us what those readings are, how you had your meter set, and where on the component you tested.

If you could provide us with more info, :pics:, or possibly even a pic of a hand drawn wiring diagram it would help to eliminate some speculation here.

Audio_Phill
06-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Any chance of posting what the manual says they should be, just bought one myself with the same issue, other than what the pickup coil reading should be I cant find anything online and manuals are few and far between

350for350
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Hey, Phill, not to hijack thread, but there's a few manuals on ebay right now.

Audio_Phill
06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Hey, Phill, not to hijack thread, but there's a few manuals on ebay right now.

Only ones I've seen are supplements, not full manuals

MonroeMike
06-17-2014, 12:00 AM
There might be some info here.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126871-KLT200-250-Service-Data

Audio_Phill
06-17-2014, 12:54 AM
That is definitely helpful, I dont see any mark to allign the flywheel wwith but Using the marks on the cam chain sprocket I was able to get a confident top dead center, Anyone have a picture of the "mark" used to align flywheel?