PDA

View Full Version : Almost broke somethin'

tri again
05-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Other than getting off my es and hitting the throttle with my foot
while it was in gear (should fix my neut lite)
riding super slow in 5 foot tall grass hay,
the grass wrapped around my left foot and dragged it under the rear tire.
A simply amazing slow motion horror movie.

My other all time fav was riding slow into 8 ft hay and it packed down higher and higher and yes, I did a wheelie roll but also had about 4 feet of crushed hay padding.

Sometime I wonder if I'll ever learn (basic physics)

Be careful out there.

ps - that hay braids like rope and impossible to break free.
Still gives me the heebie jeebies to think about.

tripledog
05-05-2014, 12:52 AM
^^^

Seems brilliant in comparison to some of the things I have done lately. I think I have a spot reserved in the "Damn; I wish I hadn't done that!" hall of fame.

DohcBikes
05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Saturday. Tuning the mix screw on the 200s I just bought and sold.... keep in mind I usually only ride bikes with a manual clutch.

Went for a quick lap aroung the yard to check performance. Parked it in front of my garage. I was crouched on the left side. Turned the screw out 1/4 turn, reached across the bike to blip the throttle to get the fuel moving.

Still in first gear. Knocked myself clean over onto the pavement and nearly rammed my roommates 2013 Harley.

Notes were taken.

tri again
05-05-2014, 03:06 PM
This could be a very cool thread.
Some j.a. was full pulling the rope on a 90 with a little kid sitting on it.
I said it starts with 1/2 pull so STOP yanking the rope and step away from the machine.
well, he shouted, "I'll get it" and he did.
It was in 3rd gear with the little kid on it and ran into pine tree branches that, thankfully, were hanging to the ground so the trike ran up the branches and stalled.
No one got hurt.

Buck Snort
05-05-2014, 05:57 PM
This happened about 15 years ago. My dad and I were out for a ride on the big reds and we decided to stop and have a sandwich and a drink. Finished up the snacks and then my dad decided to adjust the idle on the trike he was riding. We messed around with it for a few minutes and then he went for a little rip , while I was packing up garbage and getting my helmet on. He came back and was standing right beside the trike, with it idling away quite nice. So I walked up and gave it a big shot of gas. The machine took off knocked my dad down, the trike ran up his leg, knock him down and I watched that big red run over his ass, his back and finally over the helmet that was on his head. There was a lot of fbombs thrown in my direction! Great memory!

tri again
05-06-2014, 04:36 AM
This happened about 15 years ago. My dad and I were out for a ride on the big reds and we decided to stop and have a sandwich and a drink. Finished up the snacks and then my dad decided to adjust the idle on the trike he was riding. We messed around with it for a few minutes and then he went for a little rip , while I was packing up garbage and getting my helmet on. He came back and was standing right beside the trike, with it idling away quite nice. So I walked up and gave it a big shot of gas. The machine took off knocked my dad down, the trike ran up his leg, knock him down and I watched that big red run over his ass, his back and finally over the helmet that was on his head. There was a lot of fbombs thrown in my direction! Great memory!

Don't feel too bad. I did the exact same thing and almost lost a G.F.
we have 5 or 6 of these going all the time.
You pull into the pit for refuel and let it idle, someone is gonna blip the throttle to keep it from fouling the plug.
I personally love the sound of 3 or 4 250 honda engine idling like 5 part eagles harmony.
If it gets left in gear with the engine running..well, simply doesn't sound safe by definition.
I'm just glad dad's ok and you guys are still riding.
Maybe they need seat pressure deadman switches like a riding mower?

kazander
05-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I wont even get into when my niece dropped both feet in front of the tires on my r.