PDA

View Full Version : How to piss off your neighbors

slashfan7964
05-06-2014, 04:30 PM
http://bangshift.com/bangshiftxl/guy-raised-bar-pissing-neighbors-expert-level-five-radial-engines/

I wonder how many times he's gotten the cops called on him. Apparently he has a radial powered VW Beetle too :lol: The neighbors probably have a ton of hatred built up for him lol.

tripledog
05-06-2014, 05:01 PM
I have a neighbor across the the street from me that must be swimming in the same gene pool as the guy with the radial engines.

ATC-Eric
05-06-2014, 05:16 PM
I wonder why in the world you would want to run the props on those engines when you dont need to sitting on the ground like that.

ezmoney1979
05-06-2014, 05:26 PM
What a POS douche bag. If you want to do that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, move to a rural area. I hope he gets wrapped up in one some day.

slashfan7964
05-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I think he did it more as a joke than anything honestly. Probably because they were calling over stupid crap (you know how some people are). So this was his big "hey f*** you to" :lol:

ezmoney1979
05-06-2014, 06:14 PM
I think he did it more as a joke than anything honestly. Probably because they were calling over stupid crap (you know how some people are). So this was his big "hey f*** you to" :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure the neighbors were calling the cops for no reason. That makes perfect sense, it had nothing to do with a bunch of aircraft engines in his front yard.

Why is there people who take pride in being a complete nuisance? Like the majority of Harley riders around here. Is it some inbred mentality? I don't get it.

DohcBikes
05-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I think you have it backwards, if you want peace and quiet, move to a rural area. That guy is awesome.

To wish serious harm on another for something as petty as that is just bad ju-ju....

LOL.. knew there would be an ezmoney dislike comin my way:lol:

RIDE-RED 250r
05-06-2014, 06:49 PM
EZ, ease up a bit bud.

From the vid I think it's safe to assume the fellow is on his own property, it's broad daylight, and the only attention we can see he gets seems to be positive. If he were doing this in the middle of the night then we have a problem and I would not condone that...

I fully understand about noise but pretty much exclusively at night. I live on a busy state highway on top of a hill here and all summer long gangs of Harley's blast by making just as much noise as they possibly can. And yes, when it happens later at night it annoys the hell out of me.

But I think there is a big difference between that and what is depicted on that vid.

There are members here whose neighbors call the law on them just for starting their trikes in the driveway...

Have we gotten so touchy as people now??? A guy can't enjoy his hobby on his own property during the daytime because it's loud??

And did I miss something?? I don't recall reading anything in the article stating his motive for running his radials was to upset his neighbors... Maybe I missed that...

ezmoney1979
05-06-2014, 06:50 PM
I think you have it backwards, if you want peace and quiet, move to a rural area. That guy is awesome.

To wish serious harm on another for something as petty as that is just bad ju-ju....

No, you are wrong. Why you ask? There are noise ordinances within city limits, not in the rural. And I stand by my statement of him getting caught up in a spinning prop......... or at least losing some digits. Granted, I don't know the guy, but it's one thing to have a bad ass muscle car or hot rod (or three wheeler) and fire it off from time to time but to me it looks like this guy is making noise for the sake of making noise.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-06-2014, 06:56 PM
No, you are wrong. Why you ask? There are noise ordinances within city limits, not in the rural. And I stand by my statement of him getting caught up in a spinning prop......... or at least losing some digits. Granted, I don't know the guy, but it's one thing to have a bad ass muscle car or hot rod (or three wheeler) and fire it off from time to time but to me it looks like this guy is making noise for the sake of making noise.

OK, so there are noise ordinances... Alright... So we are accepting of certain noises over others???? Who gets to decide what noise that is over the legal limit will be left alone and what noise will be enforced??

I know a radial aircraft engine is alot louder than any street legal muscle car, let alone 5 of them... just making the bigger point. I think your argument is a bit shaky Sir.

And who knows what his reason was for running all 5 at once... Maybe he finally got them all together and running and wanted to make a vid of it.. Does that seem so strange of a fellow gearhead to do???

DohcBikes
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
No, you are wrong. No, you are :lol:
Why you ask? Nope, not curious at all :lol:
And I stand by my statement of him getting caught up in a spinning prop........And i stand by my statement that this is bad ju-ju.

Lots of loud noises in the city. I would fully welcome that sound as opposed to the 30 fire trucks and ambulances that roll by blaring the siren every day. Not to mention the dozens of high powered cars that light up the 101 freeway every single night.

slashfan7964
05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
The description in the article even said that one of those radial engines will make a badass open header'd V8 sound like a lullaby....and if you've ever ran one with open headers, you'd know the ground shakes like an earthquake. I've been about 5 feet away from a 572 inch Mopar cranking out somewhere in the vicinity of 1400 horsepower and my god that was the loudest thing I have ever experienced. Rocks on the ground were bouncing around.

tripledog
05-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Sure glad the radial engine guy isn't my neighbor. It wouldn't end well for him, or myself, for that matter. What ever happened to the golden rule?

DohcBikes
05-06-2014, 11:08 PM
There's not much anyone could do about it, all posteuring aside.....

Its pretty apparent that he didn't set that up overnight. Maybe the neighbors donated the engines, haha.

If I was the guy with the radials, and you people were my neighbors, ahh never mind, I'll leave the childish comments to the children.

Its a regular guy, older gentleman some may say, with a hobby. A very cool one.

Stop Hatin'

slashfan7964
05-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Drawed positive attention doing it too.

Stonewall
05-06-2014, 11:49 PM
That is just awesome. I love radials. If even just had one I'd fire it up every day just to hear it sing. The sound they produce is just phenomenal. And no other piston engine configuration can match the potential power to weight ratio of a radial.

As far as the neighbor thing, if you don't like what someone else is doing on their property, then MOVE. Thats the biggest reason I hate towns, too many whiney-ass folks stickin their noses into your business and tryin to tell you what to do. I highly doubt this fella just went out and bought 5 radials overnight and fired them all up for the sole purpose of being a nuisance...

tripledog
05-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Bet he doesn't have to rake many leaves or trash in front of the radials when they are running...

Stonewall
05-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Bet he doesn't have to rake many leaves or trash in front of the radials when they are running...

Haha, funny you should say that. My buddy that lives in Kenosha, WI occasionally rakes the leaves in his yard with his small block Chevy airboat.

just ben
05-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Ask my neighbor about me breaking in the cam on my boat. Then ask her how it had to be tuned every week after I heard (from the police)she called the police about the cam break in. I am on a private road in the middle of no place and she is an 1/8 mile away. some people just deserve it

Mosh
05-07-2014, 06:47 AM
If 25% of the people in the world put half as much effort in to " loving their neighbor" versus trying to piss off their neighbor....The world would be a far better place to live..

atc300r
05-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Could be worse they could be neighbors to this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHGAHVdfSvE

atc300r
05-07-2014, 08:37 AM
This is a good use for the radial engines.192841 192842

sledcrazyinCT
05-07-2014, 09:33 AM
To each his own... I am sure the cops came by to ask him what's going on but honestly that is no worse then running a Stihl 066 or a Jonsered 820 cutting firewood all weekend and I think that is louder then this guys airplane motors.

Some towns are banning back pack blowers because it is disturbing to the neighborhood. People pushing to ban something like a leaf blower are the ones that need to learn how to get along with the neighbors.

sledcrazyinCT
05-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Ask my neighbor about me breaking in the cam on my boat. Then ask her how it had to be tuned every week after I heard (from the police)she called the police about the cam break in. I am on a private road in the middle of no place and she is an 1/8 mile away. some people just deserve it

Yep gotta love that kind of neighbor probably just moved in a couple years ago too.

I had one that moved in and every so often he calls to complain about a YZ250 we run on rare occasion on my property. We did this one weekend during the day and he calls to leave a message about moving to the country for piece and quiet. Not sure how buying a house with one acre is moving out to the woods? I did not bother to call him back that would have been a bad idea for me so I simply mailed him a copy of our local noise ordinances, along with my current reg and tax bill for the bike in question.

While bringing him up to date about town ordinances I also made sure he got a copy of the leash laws for our town. I love dogs but some dog owners think opening the back door and letting them roam is a good idea. My biggest pet peeve is stepping in dog crap on my lawn, or getting it stuck in my lawn mower tire or cutting deck:mad:

DohcBikes
05-07-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm loud as hell every day here, inline 4s and Harleys with open pipes, blaring RAP music, yelling, bonfires in the back yard weekly, just generally doing whatever the hell we want.

The neighbor that lives twenty feet from me, a 90 year old lady that could probably beat up the complainers on this thread, never says a word except hello how ya doin.

But yet these supposed "power sports fanatics" don't wanna hear a badass engine or 5 running for ten minutes.

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

ezmoney1979
05-07-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm loud as hell every day here, inline 4s and Harleys with open pipes, blaring RAP music, yelling, bonfires in the back yard weekly, just generally doing whatever the hell we want.

The neighbor that lives twenty feet from me, a 90 year old lady that could probably beat up the complainers on this thread, never says a word except hello how ya doin.

But yet these supposed "power sports fanatics" don't wanna hear a badass engine or 5 running for ten minutes.

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

So being respectful of your neighbors equals being "part of the problem"? You lost me on that one. I'm failing to see how being loud and obnoxious is a point of pride for some people.

slashfan7964
05-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Being respectful and being loud and obnoxious are two different things.

Maybe it's just me, but neighbors all around me are car enthusiasts so they get the whole "being loud and roudy" kind of thing. One of them used to have week long parties and all you heard was Harleys up and down the street every da day and night. We didn't even think twice. Why? Because we are just as bad with some things.

My neighbors next door used to race pickup trucks and dirtbikes in their backyard. We blast music all the time. As far as I'm concerned, its your property do what you want on it (as long as your being safe about it).

DohcBikes
05-07-2014, 01:08 PM
I never said i was proud or obnoxious (i am both though since you mentioned it). I said i was loud.

Forgot to mention the grinding, sawing, and hammering on metal all day, so add that to the list.

Sure am glad my neigbors arent whiners. Id have to be even louder to get them to move, and i dont know if i can be any louder.

Bout to wire and fire a chevy small block in the driveway. Maybe ill uncork it in honor of your thread slash. Nothing like the sound of a freshly built American V8 to get the Cool neighbors stopping by for a good ol b.s. session about hot rods.

God Bless The USA.

slashfan7964
05-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Definitely take a video of it! I love listening to uncorked V8's. Nothing like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI6oWsOW6AQ

RIDE-RED 250r
05-07-2014, 05:13 PM
What has happened to the right of an individual to do as he or she wishes on their own property so long as it does not pose a danger to his neighbors or passers by??? Is what he did picking his neighbors' pockets or breaking their leg??? I would feel better if he had safety cages around those props though, that is the only thing in that vid that concerns me....

But I just don't understand what I'm reading from some of my fellow trikers or why.... Most town and city noise ordinances place a limit on noise at night..usually between the hours of 10pm and 6am.

I completely agree with the "do unto others" golden rule... But that also includes not sticking your nose into your neighbors business without cause too doesn't it??

Coming down on this guy with the severity some are is akin to the ill conceived notion that certain people have the right not to be offended.. AKA: political correctness running wild as we have it now. Where does it stop?

RIDE-RED 250r
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Definitely take a video of it! I love listening to uncorked V8's. Nothing like it.

Would have watched that vid if it wasn't a POS Ford!! LOL! Just messing with you Slash ;)

Mosh
05-07-2014, 07:53 PM
This is what I see happening.
You have a thread here with complaints of harassment from police for riding a street legal trike. This is just one thread. I could search and find 10 more like it, but I don't feel the time is worth it.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/167187-350X-or-Tri-Z-for-street-use

Now here is a thread of concern that shooting guns may annoy neighbors..

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/166932-Back-stop-for-rifle-target-shooting

I don't care what you ride, build, drag race, shoot etc..The ONE common thing all these items have is NOISE. Harley's, Trikes, guns whatever.
The common consensus is this. If it makes noise, it raises awareness. It freaks "subtle" people out. There are way more of them than us, so you are going to have complaints.
I like Harley's. I like loud stuff. But I have to tell you that when I am tired of hearing it, I don't/ nor would I deal with some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro in city limits revving airplane engines. It is no different than someone building a metal foundry in your back yard. I love the sound of loud destructive, heavy duty stuff. When I want to hear it....I like the sound of any "healthy beast" breathing fire. I too live in an area where people leave you alone. But pushing the envelope will almost certainly invoke anger or complaints. It is just the society we live in. Is it fair? Heck no. But it is what we have to deal with. If I wanted to hear that crap 24/7 I would buy some run down house for pennies on the dollar next to some corporate area.
Every moron that feels it necessity to draw attention for "his rights to freedom " is exponentially more damaging in the negative to "our" populace as a whole.The more these people push these limits, the more the "thinkers" have to go after...
It is not "our" rules. We did not write them. However, it is the format by which we are forced to operate.
If you feel you can unravel the "rules" then by all means go ahead and push the envelope on the issues. But don't be suprised when you are confronted at every turn

If you are truly considerate of those people around you, and choose to protect what freedoms we still have left, then don't be "That jakazz"
If I built my house near an airport, I expect airport noise. If I built my house near a MX track, I expect the noise..If I built my business near an expressway, I expect the noise. If the Gov't want's to build a Nuclear power plant in my backyard of my residence of 20 years, I am gonna get pissed. If Lockead Martin wants to build a Jet engine test center in your backyard, you would be pisssed. You get pizzed when the chodes dump their crack pipes on the street corners. Most get cranked when that "snot nosed punk" drops his girlfriend off with 2000 watt sub-woofers thumping in your ear at 12am on a work night... If they did it to you, you would be pissed.
What if you had your 59 Impala at that gas station and a stick bounced off your trunk lid? What if you had your NOS showroom 250R on a trailer headed for TF at that gas station, and a Prop came loose and sliced your trike to pieces? What if it was your gas station business and it scared your customers away?
We would all be fit to be tied to strangle that azzhole...
If some moron revs his uncapped airplane engines up in your hood, while, your sick Grandmother, Wife, or newborn Baby are resting, you will be pissed. I don't care who you are.

There is a time and place for everything. However, there is no schedule for inconsiderate jackazz time.
But the one thing everyone can make time for, is respect for your fellow man. It is really that simple.
Disagree with what I say. I really don't care. It is just that simple.

300rman
05-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Make sure yo listen to the return run....this thing is NASTY! Love the sound, the echo...........full on WOOD here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pCOK1ezH6Q

DohcBikes
05-07-2014, 10:05 PM
I have never complained of police harassment. Youre very good at making assumptions mosh, haha. I am only making observations. Do you see the word harass anywhere, or are you putting words in peoples mouths :wondering

Guns kill people.

Noise doesnt.

Profound.

None of anything that was posted says im doing these things to intentionally piss people off, i dont condone it.

But if what i do pisses people off, I could not care less. You cant please everyone.

DohcBikes
05-07-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't care what you ride, build, drag race, shoot etc..The ONE common thing all these items have is NOISE. Harley's, Trikes, guns whatever.Yep.

The common consensus is this. If it makes noise, it raises awareness. It freaks "subtle" people out. I dont care.

If you feel you can unravel the "rules" then by all means go ahead and push the envelope on the issues. But don't be suprised when you are confronted at every turnI do,

I will,

I wont be.

I really don't care. It is just that simple.Hmmmmmmm. OK:beer

slashfan7964
05-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Would have watched that vid if it wasn't a POS Ford!! LOL! Just messing with you Slash ;)

:lol:

I get so much hate for being a die hard Ford lover that I'm extremely used to it :lol: :)

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 12:44 AM
:D I may have fun breaking down some quotes tomorrow:lol: we'll see if people can let stuff go or not, lord knows they've had every opportunity:D

Shoot, maybe I'll just be the one to let it go:lol::beer

Was gonna post this in your music thread slash, i think it belongs here instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Dislikes are welcome, invited, and expected in this sensitive world:D

Funny as hell when people get all riled up about some video they saw on the internet, as if theyre some kind of major authority on the subject.

Dont let the internet stress you out. Dont spend hours looking for info on people you dont know. Dont waste your time quoting things that people post in an attempt to make them look bad,

especially if you dont know what you are talking about,

and definitely dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.....;););)

Mosh
05-08-2014, 06:51 AM
"You" in my post is a generalized term that applies to no one person. For anyone to think I am naming someone without a direct quote or name mention would be an assumption that holds no value.

I am not telling anyone how to live their life. Like everyone else with an opinion and a keyboard, I posted my thoughts. Just as much as a guy has a right to run 5 airplane engines in a less than ideal area, people have the right to voice their displeasure over it. Let us not be hypocritical over the issue. My post was all about enjoying freedoms with a touch of consideration for those around us.
Lest more freedoms are taken due to lack of judgement and consideration of others around us.

barnett468
05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
:lol:I get so much hate for being a die hard Ford lover that I'm extremely used to it :lol: :)Hey Slash...Fords S U C K. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

This pile looks like a Mazda Miata with a two holes in the hood.
. . . . . . . . . http://www.innovationcars.com/images/cars/gt40.jpg

Pace car?...This slug couldn't keep pace with a Rambler.

http://images.mecum.com/SC0508/SC0508-65549/images/SC0508-65549_1.jpg?lastmod=051808125300

I guess if you can't design somethin that looks cool, just paint it red, it'll sell.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/07-1967-shelby-gt350-585x388.jpg

Whose this guy…he SUCKS, he’s drivin a F O R D!!!

http://www.legendarycollectorcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Bullitt_mustang-550x366.jpg

Oh Pleeease...Can't it be gone in thirty seconds?
http://www.collectioncar.com/files/1967-Ford-Mustang_Eleanor_GT-317811357423266.jpg
OMG...I think my spleen just burst!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Hi Slash..."This Pauli Girls For You!"

. . . . http://www.adrants.com/images/st_paulie_girl_katerina_van_derham-thumb.jpg

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:28 AM
"You" in my post is a generalized term that applies to no one person. For anyone to think I am naming someone without a direct quote or name mention would be an assumption that holds no value.Awesome!! That means it applies to everone, so i was correct to respond as if it applied to me!! Thanks for clearing that up, i was wondering how that all worked.

Let us not be hypocritical over the issue.

hyp-o-crite : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right, but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

Just to clarify, does this include people that ride loud ass twin cylinder two stroke bikes complaining about a guy turning some engines on, when they have NO REAL INFORMATION on the subject???

OK so i guess thats rhetorical, theres only one right answer to that question. Its basically the exact definition of a hypocrite just in different words....

Personally i absolutely despise the sound of a two stroke bike. I really cant stand em. Yet i never, ever, complain about it. This is the first time in over 1300 posts ive mentioned it on this site, because of that golden rule thing all the high and mightys here are preaching about.

barnett468
05-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Guns kill people.

Noise doesnt.

Yes it DOES!

Why just last week my friend was listenin to Mega Death on his car radio, and as he was turnin the volume up to 12, he accidentally hit the station button and unfortunately a Justin Bieber song was playin and he’s been in a coma ever since.

OMG Slash...this is a great thread!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
OMG Slash...this is a great thread!

+1

barnett468
05-08-2014, 11:43 AM
How to piss off your neighborsYeah...just start a thread titled, "How to piss off your neighbors.".

Holy cr_p!

Hi Slash..."This Pauli Girls For You Too!"...Just remember…The FDA has determined that operating more than 4 radial engines at one time while under the influence of alcohol could be dangerous..or kinda entertaining!

. . . . http://www.adrants.com/images/st_paulie_girl_katerina_van_derham-thumb.jpg

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Whoa there barnett you just offered a VIRTUAL alcoholic beverage to a minor, punishable by a fine of up to 3 hypocritical judgements......

Too bad you dont have an edit button, you could take it back before slash imagines imbibing the deliciously tempting offering.....

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Let the Ford hate begin :lol:

barnett468
05-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Whoa there barnett you just offered a VIRTUAL alcoholic beverage to a minor, punishable by a fine of up to 3 hypocritical judgements......
Hey...first of all, the nice Saint Pauli Girl hostess is offering it to him, not me!

Secondly, it’s a “virtual” beer, offered up by a “virtual” girl, which he can enjoy in a “virtual” State, where doing “virtually” ANYTHING is legal.

Here ya go Slash…don’t listen to him. Go ahead and have ANOTHER virtual frosty one on me…or use a glass…

Hi Slash...buddy…do ya think maybe we could share...I'll let you have some of my Cheesy Poofs?

. . . . http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs73UWL9Xxtuev1ZL7MsQpv4okmcnc3 r2fjQRbeUaxygmSP5VUiScm0w

Too bad you dont have an edit button, you could take it back before slash imagines imbibing the deliciously tempting offering.....I don't have that OR an Avatar, because unlike others...I am "SPECIAL".

. . . . http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxr9P5OYMQvRhaWZ5QfBVTS7isj4zCS JQ6Ku1TmxO1HY-ScDvHod7NuYM

Oh....my....GOD!

C.J
05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Can I please have this guy as my neighbor? Y'all know i ave problems with my neighbors for me just running a CR80 in my front yard. This guy is my hero. Hell,,, I just got neighbors with a parachute/wheelie bar'd drag car and im PRAYING its got an uncorked 454 under the hood. I also live in the middle of the country. This guy is cool, and I would totally do the same thing. I thought it was cool having 2 110's, a yt125, 2 250's, the 350X and 450R all idling at the same time. This guy takes the cake for best idle

C.J
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI6oWsOW6AQ

Here ya go! Our 394rwhp 84 Dodge Ram Charger. 30-over 360, cammed, ported, balanced crank, etc etc,, firing up with open headers. Filmed with an iphone 4s that the outer mic had gone out in

http://youtu.be/v6Huiz2nFEY

and heres me racking off my 265 with the drag pipe on it hahahha
http://youtu.be/HT0OfAl_Ikg

But the drag pipe on the 265 has only been ran a total of 4 times in my yard. Just because its waaayyyyyyy too loud.

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 01:35 PM
It sounds good! I dig it. Little bit more lopier than the 351W in our truck.

What really ticks me off is when people build there houses next to these places and then want them shut down because cars are too loud....(I took this last night BTW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1OJ_1N3Zs

C.J
05-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Oh,, just to clear some stuff up before I'm roped into being one of "THOSE guys",,, The only reason I'm to the point of actively trying to piss my neighbors off now is because weve now had the city up our ass 3 times and 2 $500 dollar fines because these old fuggers dont like there being ATV's in a COUNTRY neighborhood that has an ATV/mud truck park LITERALLY as my next door neighbor. They are going so far as to reporting EVERYONE in our neighborhood with anything remotely fun (be it mud trucks, drag/street cars, atv's, etc) and now, to top it off, the city came by and served me with papers yesterday stating that I have 15 days to prove my mud truck runs and drives or i will be fined ANOTHER $500 and came face up to 6 months inprisonment. JUST because some old people that have only lived here a few years, vs me being here all my life, and my mom living here for 30 years. THATS, where i draw the line. I had 18 bikes in my back yard. All 18 ran and rode. I have 3 now not including my 2 customers bikes that im restoring/rebuilding the engines in.

I have a MAJOR problem who want to shove there noses up other peoples asses just because they dont like something. They WILL get whats coming to them. I've been nothing but respectful of the living there by not revving my bikes or our trucks hard until we get to the riding area in the back,,, but now,, they are gunna freakin learn whats loud and annoying.

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't blame you. Fortunately my neighbors are good about that stuff. The trucks been sitting in my driveway for 6-7 years (but still starts first try, and drives fine). and we've never had a problem. I think it's probably because we all share similar interests and those who don't keep to themselves. We are very fortunate in that regard.

The only thing we have to worry about the the town coming around and sticking their nose where it doesn't belong on our property and sending us fines for having 2 vehicles in the driveway without plates on them.

C.J
05-08-2014, 01:49 PM
The people with the drag car literally just finished moving in the day before yesterday, and as of yesterday the car had literally been at the house for 3 days. THEY CALLED AND REPORTED IT AS WELL AND TOLD THE CITY IT HAD BEEN THERE FOR WEEKS. So they have 15 days to prove it runs and drives as well and I damn well intend on helping them if need be.

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't understand why people have to be so bitchy.

I mean, I understand if the guy was being an ass about it (ripping up and down the streets uncorked at 1 AM constantly), but really??? Do people have nothing better to do?

barnett468
05-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Let the Ford hate begin :lol:
Yeah, maybe its time you step up to something from a different mfg. that is a bit more sporty looking and faster than those those ugly old Ford slugs. May I suggest one of these fire breathin beauties. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

http://www.chevelles.com/wagons/4-door/70fnt-dyer-a.jpg.pagespeed.ce.iIuLQQjZwv.jpg

Hi Slash...are you feelin woozy yet?

Jesus Chri... I can't take much more of this!

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Yeah, maybe its time you step up to something from a different mfg. that is a bit more sporty looking and faster than those those ugly old Ford slugs. May I suggest one of these fire breathin beauties. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

http://www.chevelles.com/wagons/4-door/70fnt-dyer-a.jpg.pagespeed.ce.iIuLQQjZwv.jpg

I'll stick to my 9 second 1/4 mile Mustangs :D

Or, conversely, this will do quite fine.

http://images56.fotki.com/v371/photos/5/208565/8046802/ford_boss_429_mustangside_view-vi.jpg
http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Ford/69_Ford-mUstang-Boss-429-DV-11-GC_a06.jpg

Hi Slash...are you feelin woozy yet?

Jesus Chri... I can't take much more of this!

'Dat buzz though.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-08-2014, 07:02 PM
For you Slash.... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/495466396476957046/

I posted as a link because it has one bad word in it, I hope it isn't too offensive. But I think it is very fitting to part of this conversation. :beer

Mosh, I count you as a good friend and I do not take personal offense at all to your voicing of your opinion on this original topic here. It's just one of those instances where people don't quite see things exactly the same way. It happens. You raise good points about how to treat others that I believe are more than valid. I am more concerned with the big picture of the societal mentality in regards to a persons freedom on his own property and where we draw certain lines. Your are right, we have found ourselves living with a different set of rules nowadays than what our ancestors started with 223 years ago. My point is how we got here.....Where is the line drawn?? Who gets to decide what is OK for a person to do on their property and why??? I know it is very cliche, but it is a very slippery slope. I think by and large most any conflict can be solved between reasonable people with little or no government intervention... But you know the old saying, one person craps his pants and we all now have to wear diapers. I am just trying to say there is an alternative to diapers. ;)

Mosh
05-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Ok..Lets have a little fun. Lets play a little 3ww history trivia which the outcome could be related to this very thread..

I see one person in this thread, besides myself, that may actually know what I am about to bring up.
The rest of you well, have not been here long enough to really probably have seen the past.

The one person who knows, please, don't reveal the quiz answer, but you can reply "oh me me, me me"..No moderators allowed either.

Ok..Pop quiz...

What transpired here with a very active member that just completely rebuilt a very nice trike..It involved a disgruntled neighbor, 2 trikes, 3 feet of property line, courts and lawsuits, and in the end, the trike owner was not fully reimbursed by the courts. I will give you all a hint. There was a hammer involved, and at the time a large 3ww outgoing of support for donated parts to assist the victim....I am not saying the victim was in the wrong, but at the time the 3 feet of property line came into play with the aggressors actions.

I am telling you folks..It aint the law you always have to worry about. People need to be weary of who exactly they are ticking off.

So go ahead..Somebody humor me. Tell me what happened. I will even give the year..2008

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 09:12 PM
For you Slash.... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/495466396476957046/

Amen to that brother, amen to that :beer

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Ooohh ooohh I know!

Who gives a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

Nothing against the "History of Three Wheeler world" there Mosh, but it has absolutely nothing to do with a video of a guy starting some engines.

If someone intentionally damages one of my bikes under any circumstance, thats when things will get ugly. You can say whatever the hell you want about keyboard tough guys, if someone touches one of my bikes they will pay with severe amounts of intense physical pain. Whoever the story is about, must have more to lose than i do.

This thread ended up being an obvious difference of opinions, maybe even lifestyles, but it was all based on peoples reactions to something that they know nothing about.

The guy owns a harley shop. Those engines are located in a commercial/industrial area. The neighbors love him. He's pretty much as bad ass as it gets, has more cool stuff than most here can even find pictures of, and you can just be jealous as hell if you want to.

Read a thread title, and a sensational headline, and get snagged in your own lines.

Do your research before you go posting dumbazz hateful ignorant crap about people you dont know and never will.. i thought we all knew that by now, eh?;) This was all a waste of time.

Heres just one link. Ill leave it up to whoever cares to get the story to find the dozen others that explain the real story.

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/show/roadam2012/52.html

P.S. I am willing to bet that not a single person that spouted off about this guy will correct their remarks.:lol:

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 09:36 PM
http://www.lov2xlr8.no/show/roadam2012/52.html

And trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro just got real.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130915032834/hannibal/images/e/e5/Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-png-obrazek-png-769x595-pikseli-7c21709b-sz769x595-animate.png

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 09:46 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^

We got some sensitive people in here too. My dislike counter is on fire this week!:D

Maybe ill catch up to barnett some day..... Hey, a guy can dream ya know.:Bounce

Mosh
05-08-2014, 09:50 PM
There is absolutely NOT a single drop of positive promotion for that guys hobby, business or interest, with a thread title circulating around of "How to Piss of your neighbors".
Had it been titled, anything else, he would get far more favor...

It was a long standing order of this website that outclassed other websites like it, that if it was not "printed in Dirt Wheels" it was unacceptable for print here.

So what can we all expect here...I have an idea...Lets get all of our trikes in one picture, in a environment..Any environment...

Lets fire them all up..Real loud man...2 strokes...Hell twin 2 strokes even..There is some banshee twin 2 stroke trikes on here...Lets get Some TPC's with HMF full race circuit headers..Lets fire them all up..Lets send a picture to Dirt Wheels, hell 20/20..why not...Lets title it...

How to PISS off Our neighbors...

Freakin tools...Do that. Lets see what the perception will be...

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 09:52 PM
By the way, you might wanna meet some of Mike Niemans "friends" before you go wishing anymore harm EZ. Motorcycle clubs dont react well to public threats.

This might be the "you dont know who youre dealing with" guy that Mosh was describing.:D

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 09:54 PM
There is absolutely NOT a single drop of positive promotion for that guys hobby, business or interest, with a thread title circulating around of "How to Piss of your neighbors".
Had it been titled, anything else, he would get far more favor...

In my opinion, Angelo made a mistake naming this thread how he did. But that doesnt make it ok to make assumptions.

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
The thread title was actually supposed to be more of a joke than anything. Interesting how people actually took it seriously.

I mean I get it, but still, it was a joke :lol:

Wether or not this guy was supposed to be actually ticking off his neighbors intentionally or not, it was more so titled this way in sarcasm/jokingly like "oh hey, btw if you really want to anger your neighbors, do this!" kind of thing.

I realize this doesn't really translate well into text though, so I can see how someone might take it more seriously.

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:06 PM
It was a long standing order of this website that outclassed other websites like it, that if it was not "printed in Dirt Wheels" it was unacceptable for print here.I agree! Ill never join another site because of this. I think we had a pretty good discussion here actually, albeit a little flip on my part I admit.

Freakin tools...Do that. ..Oops wait...Is this classy?:wondering

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:11 PM
The thread title was actually supposed to be more of a joke than anything. Interesting how people actually took it seriously.

I mean I get it, but still, it was a joke :lol:

Wether or not this guy was supposed to be actually ticking off his neighbors intentionally or not, it was more so titled this way in sarcasm/jokingly like "oh hey, btw if you really want to anger your neighbors, do this!" kind of thing.
And I sure hope noone thinks i had any idea that slash would post this video or this thread. I was reacting with the rest of you. Anyone that thinks otherwise, could possibly be a tool. Im not sying they are, im just saying they might could possibly be one.

Seriously cant we all just get......... away from each other:lol:

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 10:13 PM
You had zero involvement. This was all me :lol:

In fact I was browsing Facebook and noticed that Bangshift article had popped up and thought some of you might get a kick out of it.

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:17 PM
thought some of you might get a kick out of it.Some of us did!!

Mosh
05-08-2014, 10:23 PM
It is more the guys fault that titled the Bangshift article than Slash's fault.
That blog painted a negative perception of that guy. Then it gets shared everywhere else..Piss off your neighbors...It is stupid..

Lets take this..Something very positive from TF 07..Like 300 trikes all firing up at once. No ill intent from that video what so ever..

http://s109.photobucket.com/user/ericbs200/media/P6230119.flv.html

Now someone else, take that video and write a blog about it, stating that there was houses 20 yards away and the noise was more than any human can take. I mean really puff it up to be something negative it is not...
And then it get titled "making a statement about pissing off neighbors"...
5 rotary engines...pfft....You aint heard nothin till you heard 2-300 trikes fire up all at once.

Are you getting it yet?

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I suppose that does make some sense in context. BS did seem to make out worse. I'll give you that.

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:39 PM
It is more the guys fault that titled the Bangshift article than Slash's fault.Nope, its neither. Like i said, i knew the owners of the remarks wouldnt admit any wrongdoing, so im not surprised by this.

I knew the article was a teaser, its all about context. Why is it someone elses fault when someone doesnt comprehend something? No, some people here made a mistake. Period.

..You aint heard nothin till you heard 2-300 trikes fire up all at once.Dude, you seriously still have no idea who you are talking to. :lol: It may be loud, but it would sound like a hummingbird compared to some of the things im familiar with.

Damn man, your assumptions are the only thing thats Running Rampant around here.

In my opinion.

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I wonder why in the world you would want to run the props on those engines when you dont need to sitting on the ground like that.
Ummmm obviously, its more dangerous that way:D

Maybe anyone would like to continue a positive conversation about how super awesome and cool this ACTUALLY is now?

slashfan7964
05-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I have never heard 2-300 trikes fire up at once, but I doubt it's anything close to what I hear at the local drag strip. My god.

Then again, I could be incredibly wrong.

DohcBikes
05-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Local drags, maybe, maybe not. You should try Bandimere Speedway sometime.

Some local runs do get pretty raucous though. Fastest at my hometown track in nebraska is like 220mph or something in the quarter.

Damn, just prompted me to visit the Kearney Raceway Park website......steamy watercolor memories!!!!!! Ill get something built again someday.

Anybody got an extra jet engine laying around...my neigbors would love it:D Always wanted a jet bike.

just ben
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Local drags, maybe, maybe not. You should try Bandimere Speedway sometime.

Some local runs do get pretty raucous though. Fastest at my hometown track in nebraska is like 220mph or something in the quarter.

I have seen "cars" hit 230+ on the local strip mentioned. and it's only an 1/8 mile.

tripledog
05-09-2014, 12:09 AM
I guess I am blessed with a relatively peaceful life in the middle of nowhere. I feel guilty merely running my chainsaw sporadically. Sounds like a lot of folks have it lot worse than myself.

ezmoney1979
05-09-2014, 12:13 AM
By the way, you might wanna meet some of Mike Niemans "friends" before you go wishing anymore harm EZ. Motorcycle clubs dont react well to public threats.

This might be the "you dont know who youre dealing with" guy that Mosh was describing.:D

I never threatened anyone azzhole. I'm not gonna tolerate your shilt anymore.

Fawk you, you piece of sht. What fawking part of this guy injuring himself would be any of my involvement. And oh yeah, I'm really threatened by some fat fawk middle agers in leather. POS motorcycle "clubs" are everywhere around here, acting like they're a bunch of tough guys when they are around their other hillbilly brethren. Pm me for my address is anyone wants to be a tough guy, fawking wanker.

Dave Little
05-09-2014, 12:58 AM

You need to have the engines loaded, throttling up without a load is not good for them and they are air cooled. Usually on an aircraft, radials will be turned by hand prior to start to clear the accumulated oil from the bottom cylinders, hence the props on Mike's engines- even though the vid didn't show that.....so three birds with one stone if you will on the props.

Caminofeld
05-09-2014, 01:16 AM
Whoah there guys, what ever happened to talking about 3 wheelers? It's not cool to threaten people...even if it is the internet. It's amazing how little it takes to set some people off. Moderators?

slashfan7964
05-09-2014, 02:25 AM
I have seen "cars" hit 230+ on the local strip mentioned. and it's only an 1/8 mile.

As have I. 3 seconds with pro mod cars and that's not even top fuellys.

barnett468
05-09-2014, 04:54 AM
Damm…I’m glad I made it back for this. I’m actually whishin El Camexican would post.
:beer

And I sure hope noone thinks i had any idea that slash would post this…I do. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Seriously cant we all just get......... away from each other:lol:Where’s the fun in that? :Bounce

In fact I was browsing Facebook and noticed that Bangshift article had popped up and thought some of you might get a kick out of it.I’m getting a kick out of the whole “bleepin” thing. This is WAY better than Southpark and even has more posts than the two threads below about me!

62 posts
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/163421-A-little-info-on-Barnett468-aka-Mike-Lilivig?highlight=barnett468

75 posts
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/165874-Barnett-saga-collection

You had zero involvement. This was all me :lol:
I’m sorry Slash but it looks like I’m going to have to cut you off now and perhaps a "virtual" spanking is in or for your bad behavior.

http://www.adrants.com/images/st_paulie_girl_katerina_van_derham-thumb.jpg

. I gotta see this!

. . http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDheK_NT7A9cIdJnV_1Pg7lGbLDWNu5 AVQnY60FToKElt_Wip72n1nHA

. . . Me Too!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPVl94GrqAajvACcWSWBuCH4Hr1ehM_ b2Mu35gKuNf00fTPAdNX-Dhgl4

Holy cr_p!

El Camexican
05-09-2014, 06:41 AM
I’m actually whishin El Camexican would post.
Request fulfilled. My suggested method of resolving this for all involved is depicted below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xts98YjZldQ

RIDE-RED 250r
05-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Context is definitely key. Kind of like how you can view the same video clip set to 2 different kinds of background music can change the whole feel of it.

Camexican: I sometimes find myself on the "weird side of youtube" but you my friend...... where do you come up with this stuff??! LOL!

barnett468
05-09-2014, 07:39 AM
I'll stick to my 9 second 1/4 mile Mustangs :D

Or, conversely, this will do quite fine.

http://images56.fotki.com/v371/photos/5/208565/8046802/ford_boss_429_mustangside_view-vi.jpg

I acquiesce...YOU are the King!

https://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/sbiting_100-1081.gifhttp://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/files/2011/08/bkkingmascott.png

Mosh
05-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Ok..Pop quiz...

What transpired here with a very active member that just completely rebuilt a very nice trike..It involved a disgruntled neighbor, 2 trikes, 3 feet of property line, courts and lawsuits, and in the end, the trike owner was not fully reimbursed by the courts. I will give you all a hint. There was a hammer involved, and at the time a large 3ww outgoing of support for donated parts to assist the victim....I am not saying the victim was in the wrong, but at the time the 3 feet of property line came into play with the aggressors actions.

I am telling you folks..It aint the law you always have to worry about. People need to be weary of who exactly they are ticking off.

So go ahead..Somebody humor me. Tell me what happened. I will even give the year..2008
Post correction..The year was 2007...

Ooohh ooohh I know!

Who gives a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

Nothing against the "History of Three Wheeler world" there Mosh, but it has absolutely nothing to do with a video of a guy starting some engines.

Read a thread title, and a sensational headline, and get snagged in your own lines.

Do your research before you go posting dumbazz hateful ignorant crap about people you dont know and never will.. i thought we all knew that by now, eh?;) This was all a waste of time.

P.S. I am willing to bet that not a single person that spouted off about this guy will correct their remarks.:lol:
Ok maybe you don't give a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Maybe nobody else does either. But at the time the thread garnered much attention, and I am sure the member here gave a crap. The original thread was deleted/removed for whatever reason, but the below link gave us the end result.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/73535-My-court-case-is-settled!

The member built a Tri-Z from the ground up. Had been riding in a rural area for years. Was allowed to ride in that area. However, if memory serves me correctly, there was a discrepancy about a small 3 foot fence line involving a neighboring farmer land owner that had to be negotiated to get to the legal ride area. Now I was not there, so I don't recall the exact details, but a confrontation arose between the rider and the farmer. Maybe it was noise, maybe it was the fence line..The end result was the farmer went on to the members property and smashed his new Tri-Z and other trike up with a sledge hammer. Cracking the jug, bending the frame, destroying the airbox cover, shrouds, and seat cover. At the time, my wife had written a estimate for repairs for the victim to submit to court. I believe she even re did the seat cover for him at minimal cost. There was also damage to the other trike but I dont recall the severity.
Also at the time, there was a huge support from the community here to help the guy with some new/used parts for repairs. The court settlement IMO was nowhere near enough compensation to repair the trikes or fix the headache of the situation. The Farmer was found guilty.

The point being is that, people can get very irritated. In a society that increasingly becomes more short fused due to whatever reasons, people should be weary about their actions and how it may affect those around them, and conversely, what those people may due for retaliation. Best case scenario would involve the law. Worst case? Who knows what someone can do when they snap.
I am not questioning the guys freedom to run his airplane engines, nor should that be stripped from him if he is doing it legally.
But I will make an ASSumption, that some people around that guy probably would not care too much for it. Those things fly all over the place all day. Loud as crap. They annoy me. I don't complain about it, as they are well within their legal rights to fly them, because in most cases those same folks may be the ones to complain about hearing ATV's off in the distance.

This thread went all over the place, true..I was not here to call anyone out or question one individuals rights or freedoms.
The only things I tried to endorse was people having a little respect for those around them, and positive promotion of a hobby will do much more to secure said hobby for future generations. If that makes me a bad person, then I guess I am alone or a minority in my principles.

fabiodriven
05-09-2014, 09:45 AM
As usual, Glamy says it all.

You guys are a trip. If I hadn't sat here and just read this whole thing, I wouldn't believe it. Honestly this seems like an argument just for the sake of arguing to me.

Not sure how it will help the situation or what it means but I will share how my neighborhood works. I live on a main road, Rt 106. It's only one lane in each direction but the speed limit is 45. Where I live is considered "country" around here, but I'm still under and hour from Boston and many members on here would not consider this country. My neighbor's houses are not right on top of me, but they're not far away either. Most of them probably under 75 yards. There are small patches of trees between most of us. I have 3 neighbors that I frequently hang out with. They're all gear heads as well. One is about my age (34), one is in his early 60's, and one is somewhere in his 70's. The older guys are my closest neighbors and there is one house between mine and the young guy. We are all gear heads in one form or another and we like to hang out and drink beer and burn incense. I have my 85 Mustang GT (which hasn't seen the light of day in a couple years) along with stupid loud bikes and trikes and plenty of friends stopping by. My driveway is full of burnouts, many from the neighbors. "The doorbell isn't loud enough" they say. The other neighbor my age has a 77 Mustang and he just laid horror up the road last week while I was out raking. Nice burn. The neighbor behind me, the early 60's guy, has a 63 Chevy wagon with a 4 speed and a dual quad small block. He also has a 68 Chevy panel van, small block and 4 speed as well, that he revs to the moon and drops the clutch leaving one legger's clear past my property and halfway past the neighbor's. I'm pretty sure his valves are still floating right now. The guy in his 70's is a hardcore, old school hot rod/Corvette guy. He has many cars ranging from pure junk to literal show stoppers. When I met him he had a pro street panel van thingy, I don't know what it was. Some kind of old Chevy. It was really small with a big block, 8-71, and open zoomies. It was retarded loud, even just at idle. Actually, that's how I met him. He would start it up and mess with it a bit and I would stop what I was doing and listen. I didn't know the neighbors yet and was being a bit shy. Finally one day I walked over there and the rest is history. The "other" neighbors are nice enough and seem very tolerant. Very little contact with any of them but plenty of smiles and waves.

Now me, I do make noise from time to time. My Buell is just plain unruly, the XR is really loud, the Mustang is spinning tire as long as it's running, there is almost always a chainsaw or two going, my truck sounds like a jet taking off when it kicks into high idle, and my chimney belches clouds of smoke. I also come home in the wee hours of the morning on the weekends and rip wheelies across my and two of my neighbor's yards, but my SX and DR both have factory exhaust so I'm fairly certain nobody even knows. It's a good neighborhood we have here.

So someone is moving in next door to me, between myself and the other young guy. The neighbors and I have already talked about it, we must condition the newcomers properly. That means longer burnouts, bigger wheelies, and straighter straight pipes when they move in. We'll go talk to them first and make nice but then get them used to how the neighborhood is. Nobody calls the cops now so if it starts we'll know who it is, haha. I don't intend to have any issues and actually hope maybe it will be yet another gearhead.

So why did I write all of this? What does this have to do with the radial engine guy, Mosh, DOHC, Jesus, and Cliff Burton?

Yes.