PDA

View Full Version : XR600R for $1500 canadian, should i get it?

tri-freak
01-07-2004, 10:44 PM
ya, the honda dealer 20km's away has looks like a '91, it has white plastics with a red seat, red fork boots, blue muffler covers and red gas tank. im hoping someone can confirm a year on this thing. the header looks good, and the muffler is still black, not rusted. lights look good and the seat is great. the guy thinks they want $1500 for it, but hes not sure. he said it runs ok, but could use a good tune up. the kick starter is on loosely, i think the bolt just needs to be tightened, cuz the splines look good. tires are good, suspension is good. just a little frame rust (not deep, just cosmetic) bike looks great, only some scratches on the blue muffler covers. i need to take it for a test rip once the damn snow stops. also, off topic, they got a sweet golf cart! 2003 400ex, with ski's on the front and those track thingys on the rear. its a snow quad. its so cool. then theres a foreman with 4 wheel tracks. so i hope you guys can give me some info on this thing, cuz i like the sound of a 600cc bike that can take 2 stroke race bikes. thanks, tony

Andrew
01-12-2004, 09:42 AM
it sounds like a great deal!,i have ridden similiar bikes and they are great,lots of power,handle well,and they can be licensed and ridden on the street and trails!,doesent get much better than that 8)

Kilborg
01-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Xr600r's are the pinnacle of oldschool thumpers. Great power...easy to hop up and get running (but can run into serious reliability issues if built to an extent). Great all around bike. Its no mxer, but you can have tons of fun with these. My father had a xr500r, which was the previous model. Great bike...went anywhere and it would pull stumps out of the ground (literally). No real jumping capability (too soft) but you can air it out some...think of it kinda like the 350x of dirtbikes. The 500r and 600r are very similar... The 600r was never really changed other then bold new graphics.