PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a tube

chuckyj95
05-15-2014, 01:12 PM
The front tire On the 125m I just got is very bad and I am On a very small budget. I would like my son to be-able to ride around the yard. I will be-able to put a new tire on next year. Can I get a tube and put it in for now? If they even make tubes the right size?

DohcBikes
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Have you ever changed an ATV tire by hand? If you get that tire off of there, my advice is to put a new one back on.

There are tires for $40 or less.

atcdude0
05-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Tubes in front tires work great. You shouldn't even need a new tire anytime soon if you use a tube. Just don't use it on a drive tire, because when the tire spins on the rim, it will cut the valve stem.

knipfeldustin
05-15-2014, 04:06 PM
You can run a tube just fine bud. Most tire shops will sell you something close enough to work or install it for ya.

honda atc guy
05-15-2014, 04:53 PM
What about screw in style valve stems?

Tubes in front tires work great. You shouldn't even need a new tire anytime soon if you use a tube. Just don't use it on a drive tire, because when the tire spins on the rim, it will cut the valve stem.

chuckyj95
05-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks I will stop at a few shops tomorrow and if the weather is bad I have a friend that owns a golf corse that can change tires on small rims amazingly fast.

Liquid-Darkness
05-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Just be carefull if you do the tire your self. I had an old rear tire on my dads sx blow on us when we tried to put a tube in it and get the bead to pop. Brused the heck out of my thigh and my ankle when it hit me. BEWARE!! Lol..