PDA

View Full Version : how do you organize your truck bed?

xela456
05-19-2014, 12:30 AM
I recently switched over from three side boxes to a tonneau cover, and i'm trying to get some ideas on what to do with organizing my truck bed. i (use to) have alot of tools to organize and i know theres guys out there who have done some neat things with the backs of their trucks, just trying to get some ideas

El Camexican
05-19-2014, 08:55 AM
These are pretty cool if you have the space. You can flip then upside down and most of the tools stay in place. The Hurricane models are water proof too.
http://www.springcreekproducts.com/category-s/1820.htm

czac
06-02-2014, 07:39 AM
I just chuck everything in it and hope for the best! lol that said, I need a tool box so I can take all the crap shoved behind my seat out of the cab! I went from a four door P-up to a single seater and the lack of storage room sux!

Thorpe
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Mine is clean... I hate stuff bouncing around back there. With the bed rug usually vacuumed, and even sometimes power washed...

Dirtcrasher
06-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I put important plug in and cordless tools, drills, plumbing box, electrical box, tote of screws, 4' level and square, plumb bob, cleaners etc etc; And then it rains when I least expect it. Now my tools don't look so great anymore :lol:

I just can't be bothered after 12 hours of work and 3 in the machine shop and it always seems to rain when I get it all organized.

Best thing for me was to buy 4 maybe 8"s high Rubbermaid storage containers and keep things in there with 1 qt or 1 gallon zip lock bags.

All the clear boxes, Sterlite and others just break so easy it's a joke. They last me literally 1 job!

I still screw it up (and weather forecasts are a joke of allot of "maybe's" ), but, I need ALLOT of tools for this business. It is so full, I cannot have passengers even with the extra cab and a 6.5' bed.......

The new Tacomas are all gonna come with a larger extra cab and a bed less than 5' long; When did they forget that it's A TRUCK!!!! A shorter bed is useless when you need sheetrock and plywood :(

So, when this 03 Tacoma dies, I'll try to find another styled Tacoma but I will never buy a new or used Tacoma with such a short bed, yeah, let's ruin the interior of the extra cab. Thanks to the genius that designed these!

M.Pargiello
06-02-2014, 06:26 PM
This probably won't help if you intend on keeping the tonneau but, I have my power inverter/jump box and air compressor under my back seat, and the power tools, hand tools, straps, etc. in the tool box in the back. I usually pull a trailer when hauling bikes/trikes, but I can still fit my X in back easily when needed. So it works out for me. It's a 4x4 '02 Extended cab GMC