PDA

View Full Version : A project idea with a chainsaw motor?

250SX_rider
01-08-2004, 09:03 AM
I wanna do a project with my friend...we got a chainsaw motor, and here are 2 ideas i got:
1) A motorized bike
2) A lil quad...but just a metal base, pretty lil wheels,a seat and home-made forks...that's it...

If you have other ideas of what I can do with a chainsaw motor, put them on here, please! :)

Thanks

mywifeknowseverything
01-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Get another one and make some motoized snow skis out of them...Like the tracks of a CAT or something....Ive seen it done just dont know how they did it...

ejc042
01-08-2004, 09:29 AM
If you really want to do some custom fab work, make a huge radio controlled three wheeler. Fab a frame and find some super strong servos and enjoy.

Ace Mon
01-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Maybee not the safest thing in the word but I do have a 2 stroke skateboard . its plenty-o-fun too

hondatrikesrule22
01-08-2004, 01:17 PM
I have had that idea for a long time also...I was just wondering if that little motor would have enough power to haul me around? Not that I'm fat or anything lol..

kwit
01-08-2004, 06:08 PM
i had a fetish with a product called a goped back in the day.. i had to have one .. its basiclly just a small stand up scooter with a little chainsaw engne on it well its got alot of mods on it but that little thing carryies me aroud at almost 40 mph....like 37 or sumthin i think kool little thing 22.5 cc engine or sumthin like that

mudduck14843
01-08-2004, 07:25 PM
mount it to the front wheel of a bicycle with a skateboard/rollerskate wheel mounted where the clutch goes
then hang on for a fun ride

i have done this with a ols craftsman saw (found in garbage bar was bent to hell)

use a hinge type mount the weight of the motor will hold it aginst the wheel on the bike

atcmatt
01-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Martin, this guy from newcastle that i know has a chainsaw powered bike. He says it gets along good. His user name on this is "mart". His bike is called "the dush".

Matt