PDA

View Full Version : tri z 250 swap

bbryan33
05-19-2014, 02:48 PM
ok I am fixing to start a 1/8 mile drag build I have a power plant its a 10mill 465 banshee on alky but I have no chassis. I have a friend with a tri z frame will my motor fit in this frame I have seen banshee motors in 86 atc 250r frames which would b more realistic to do an if anyone has pics of these kindda builds I would love to see them

adamszwheeler
05-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Try YouTube, I want to say I have seen at least one video of a Z with a banshee motor in it...with the right tools and enough time I'm sure you could make just about anything fit in it. I saw a couple years ago a Z for sale on evilbay with a 4 cylinder Kawasaki motor in it...guy listed it as built for hill climbing, said how insanely fast it was and the proceded to say how VERY bad of an idea it was lol...long story short he fit that vintage Kawi in it sooooo....if I read your post right take the motor to your buddies and see what it looks like near/ in the frame and go from there. I have never done it but I would expect some mods to the frame, motor mounts and such but if you have the means go for it! Sounds sick!

El Camexican
05-22-2014, 11:14 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/145528-Tri-Shee-Build-Thread-A-K-A-Trish

Mosh
05-23-2014, 06:59 AM
There was also a guy that put one in a 3rd gen R with no major frame mods.

He did a info vid on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzBWk6ED6Fs

The Z chassis will need modified quite a bit but as referenced by Elmex's post can be done nicely as well.

Not to thread jack but Mex? Is that a mans mouth in your pic tied shut?

El Camexican
05-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Not to thread jack but Mex? Is that a mans mouth in your pic tied shut?

Yes, it's Mr. Anderson AKA Neo from a scene in the movie the Matrix. He represents me holding my tongue with respect to a certain person of authority who I perceive to be an Agent Smith wannabe on this site. Thanks for mentioning it, my silent protest is over now so it's time to change it up.:beer

On with the build thread! I'll delete this when I see a cut frame photo posted by bbryan33

Mosh
05-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Yes, it's Mr. Anderson AKA Neo from a scene in the movie the Matrix. He represents me holding my tongue with respect to a certain person of authority who I perceive to be an Agent Smith wannabe on this site. Thanks for mentioning it, my silent protest is over now so it's time to change it up.:beer

On with the build thread! I'll delete this when I see a cut frame photo posted by bbryan33
I saw that pop up at a critical time here a short while ago and picked up the innuendo pretty fast even back then. My suspcions were correct. Sorry for the threadjack. I will refrain from anymore.

Looking forward to what he comes up with. That 250r swap looks like a weekend job with a decent welder.
Some may consider it wrong to yamaha power a honda...But they do it with Ford Coupes and stuff. Who cares if it hauls the mail.