PDA

View Full Version : regulator/rectifer testing/ 200 es

doughnuts
05-21-2014, 09:38 AM
How does one test this to see if it is any good, and where to buy a new one if it is not--thanks for all response.

kb0nly
05-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Test its output with a voltmeter, when its running you should have 12-14v depending on engine speed. If you don't have any output or its really low output like less than 11v, then chances are its shot. Mine was doing that last year, i was only getting around 9-10v output even at higher engine speeds.

As for replacing it, i bought a four wire rectifier/regulator off eBay and rewired it. I just cut the plug and wiring off the old one to use as a pigtail to splice in the new unit. They are pretty cheap on eBay, less than $20.

kb0nly
05-23-2014, 12:36 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLTAGE-REGULATOR-4-WIRE-GY6-50CC-125CC-150CC-ATV-DIRT-BIKE-GO-KART-SCOOTER-MOPE-/111359753101?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ed8efb8d&vxp=mtr

Thats the one i bought. The colors are almost the same, except the ATC has two yellow wires, the aftermarket ones have a Pink as the second Yellow wire. So just put the yellows to the yellow and pink and the red to red and green to green. The yellows don't matter which yellow they go to since its AC input so you cant do that wrong.