PDA

View Full Version : riding gear/clothing

duck4twenty
05-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Was planing on getting some pants for summer but not sure if there worth getting i got a couple jersey's for summer riding, just wondering what u guys use if any.

Caminofeld
05-21-2014, 03:43 PM
I guess it all depends on what kind of riding you do...if you're racing, I'd say go for it...but I couldn't imagine leathers would be comfortable for a long, hot, Summer trail ride. If I'm not in shorts, I usually wear military surplus BDU's. They're cheap, super durable, and have plenty of pockets.

M.Pargiello
05-21-2014, 07:03 PM
I wear shift pants, full boots, chest plate and helmet with a t shirt. Never saw a point to a jersey. Usually on trail rides just full boots, shorts, t shirt and helmet.

The pants are really nice in thick Michigan trails. The thorns dont get you that way :)

aldochina
05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I also ride with some shift recon over the boot pants. Rode in jeans for years, love the pants, slip them on over some sweats or LJ's in the colder months. Very rugged, comfi, the legs zip off, but I have never removed them. I can usually just peel them off and hop in the truck dirt free. Throw them on the driveway and hit them with the pressure washer while doing the machine, and they are ready for next go around. They have held up very well. In short, go ahead and get a pair you will not be dissapointed. Picked mine up on the cheap in a closeout on one of the major sites!

duck4twenty
05-22-2014, 06:16 PM
might just wait till winter or for a good deal on some pants since I mainly ride trails and since summr coming up it gets pretty hot up in the high desert and was looking to stay cool and still protected, mainly branches and small bushes. What i was wearing was levis with long sleeve shrt no boots just my high top j's with watr proof socks lol never any issues there, so might just stick to that but change to cargo pants and upgrade to vented mx jersey just to stay a little cooler.