PDA

View Full Version : picture of my 350X

Ninja Greg
05-22-2014, 01:01 PM
been a member for about 6 months now... thought id share a pic and start to get my post count up so i can participate on the rest of the board.. i was very lucky to find a 350X in such great condition... I've done a lot to it, but i had a great machine to start with..

questions and comments welcome,

thanks,
Greg...

Mr. Clean
05-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Nice looking X!! What type of silencer is that, looks like a sectional pipe.

Ghostv2
05-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Yea, ive never seen a silencer like that before. Feel free to post a video of how that thing sounds. :)

JasonB
05-22-2014, 02:10 PM
x3 on that silencer! thing is awesome looking! oh, and nice X btw ;)

Ninja Greg
05-22-2014, 02:14 PM
the silencer is a Leo Vince GP pro evo II... it came as a pair of slipons for my street bike.. binned it at a track day and wiped out the left can.. the right side was untouched and just happened to mount up perfectly (with a little custom fab work)... when i get home in a few hours ill post up all the details of what I've done to my X.. ill also post up a video.. it sounds sssooooo good... loud, but good.. if you just cant wait, my YouTube channel is "Ninja Greg TV".. Honda 350X 3 wheeler, wheelies on the ice, is the video to watch.. doesn't do justice to how it really sounds, but you'll get the idea..

Ninja Greg
05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
OK, so this was the plan...400ex carb (brand new oem Honda part), stock header and muffler pipe (the whole length, right up to where it meets the stock muffler.), Leo Vince GP pro evoII slipon (with the smallest section of its link pipe to mate up to the stock muffler pipe.), (that's from a dual exhaust system from my 2007 Kawasaki z1000. the left can didn't survive the crash so that's how that got donated.), k&n high flow air filter, probably with open air box (ill start with it closed and if it needs to be open, then ill figure out a better mod than just removing the lid. probably do some 1" filter inserts in the intake tube.), also going up to 10" rims for the rear and down to 20x11 holeshots for tires... oh, and i got a 12 tooth front sprocket just for farts and grins.. whats $20 for that kind of wwhheeeee factor.. lol.. but yeah i figure i should be good as is with the carb, but may need to bump up to the 152 or 155 main and/or maybe up to the 42 pilot... oh and i have the cork for the slipon.. that can be in or out... not sure what im thinking there.. have to hear it with it out and if its too loud it will have to go in and ill tune from there, but out would be preferable...
finished today.. still on stock size wheels and tires all around.. and have not installed the -1 front sprocket yet.. other than that i did all the other mods.. stock jetting, 148 main, 38 pilot, idle screw out 4 turns... cork out, open air box, 1/2 choke, no throttle, 2nd kick sputtered and died, next few kicks the same. turned in the idle screw about 1 & 1/2 turns. didn't really pay attention, but its the idle screw.. easy stuff.. next couple kicks a little better... next kick stays running with some throttle play.. still running, turn choke off, little throttle play for next couple minutes till warm, off throttle and sputtered off... kicked it once, fired up, played with idle screw a little more, went in another 1/2 turn maybe.. started idling nice and after good warm up would rev right up when i stabbed the throttle.... just around my yard and up and down the short little strip of road a few times at my place and it seems super strong, has much better throttle response, and the front seems to come up way easier and smoother.. and very loud, but sounds soooo good.. seems to reach the top of its revs very quickly and stop pulling, but i felt that before the mods too.. i think the gears are just really short.. ill compare to a friends later... someone else mentioned this and went to a 155 main and a 42 pilot, and said it now pulls through the revs better... i have almost no seat time on any 350x ever. about an hour last winter and about 2 hours this spring.. neither of which gave any real chance to get to know the machine very well.. so i have no real comparison, but i definitely know that worthy gains have been made.. ill be trying different things with the silencer and air box over the next couple weeks as i have time to go to a friends with more room to move around... then try a couple new plugs to "read" and get a better feel for where its at, but from what i can tell the mods i did are incredible! at some point it will go to a dyno for an a/f ratio, and a horse and torque pull... ill keep you posted...

i just copied and pasted from another forum i posted this on when i first did the mods.. I've had the machine for over a year now. never did the hole shots.. went with the maxis razrs instead because they don't have the split lug and will hold the screws better for riding the ice in the winter.. also still haven't installed the 12 tooth front sprocket yet either.. ill put that in next winter... with the air box i took out the intake tube and made a plate and sealed off the air box then did a neat little trim job on the lid... i sort of trimmed out the areas that are vertical where the lid is raised up... kinda hard to explain but looks great and helps provide a little protection from water and such, plus i run an outerwear drywear filter cover.. ive done a bunch of other stuff too since last year... 22x11x7 front tire, nerf bars, etc... and i ended up putting the cork in the slipon.. was way too loud and popped a lot on deceleration..

sick85crownvic
05-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Is that one of the STI mx4 tires on the front? I've been looking at the same size for my project but wasn't sure how it would look...now I know! Sweet X...my whole life, the 350x was like sex on wheels to me....lol, and yours is a really nice example....I'm on my way to check out the youtube video!

-Don

Ninja Greg
05-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Is that one of the STI mx4 tires on the front? I've been looking at the same size for my project but wasn't sure how it would look...now I know! Sweet X...my whole life, the 350x was like sex on wheels to me....lol, and yours is a really nice example....I'm on my way to check out the youtube video!

-Don

thanks for the compliment.. i believe that's the tire...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Three-wheeler-trike-honda-atc-22-front-tire-motocross-250r-200x-350x-new-11-/291152912005?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ca10de85&vxp=mtr (can get it at the guys store for 76 bucks i think..) it looks just a little strange but fits and feels awesome.. its strictly an ice tire with 300 screws in it and with the 20x11x10 rears it sits nice.. the link is the tire i bought... i run the stock sizes in the summer..

sick85crownvic
05-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Looks decent...it's hard to find 23.5x8x11's anymore. Nice wheelies BTW...lol...where you just clickin up a gear and modulating the throttle the whole time? I've always used the clutch and my gearshifts during wheelies get real scary...it either tries to loop over backwards or the front end just drops...lol.

-Don

Ninja Greg
05-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Looks decent...it's hard to find 23.5x8x11's anymore. Nice wheelies BTW...lol...where you just clickin up a gear and modulating the throttle the whole time? I've always used the clutch and my gearshifts during wheelies get real scary...it either tries to loop over backwards or the front end just drops...lol.

-Don

i get into 2nd or 3rd gear and just stab the throttle to pull it up, and just click through the gears with no clutch... works very smooth for me... most of the throttle play is because of the differences in traction as i hit snow patches and such.. i do let off to unload the gears for the shift.. my buddy that was with me starts the same way but he uses the clutch to shift and for him that's what works the smoothest... charlisle makes a nice 23x8x11 called the trail wolf that i run in the summer.. thought it was the 23.5 but i was just looking at it and see its a 23..

jays375
05-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Very nice 350x.Think I saw your YouTube vids possibly?

Keepah Rolln
05-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Nice 350x, Someday i'll find one...

roostin atc
05-26-2014, 01:45 PM
What part of New Hampshire are you from? Check out the new England ride thread. Maybe you can join us for a ride sometime.

Ninja Greg
05-26-2014, 05:57 PM
What part of New Hampshire are you from? Check out the new England ride thread. Maybe you can join us for a ride sometime.

im in Keene NH.. only like 30-40 minutes from Richmond.. where do you ride?? Pisgah? Claremont? we should definitely get together for some riding... ill be checking out the thread you mentioned.. im hoping to check out the trails system up in Berlin that opened a few years ago..

roostin atc
05-26-2014, 06:37 PM
We ride Richmond trails right from my house. Also hit up Pisgah too. The trail in Richmond are pretty rough I'm not going to lie. I've never ridden Claremont yet. Hopefully you can make it out with us sometime.

Ninja Greg
05-27-2014, 07:05 AM
We ride Richmond trails right from my house. Also hit up Pisgah too. The trail in Richmond are pretty rough I'm not going to lie. I've never ridden Claremont yet. Hopefully you can make it out with us sometime.

yeah, that would be cool... just let me know when youre going out... we should meet up in claremont too.. nice trail system there..

badandy
05-27-2014, 12:09 PM
sexy bike, looks like an R in the background as well. Checked out the Wheelies on Ice Vid... I grew up in Minnesota, winter time IS great fun!