PDA

View Full Version : 3WW Shop update

Billy Golightly
05-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Some months ago I mentioned I was going to be playing around with some big changes on the shop, basically a re-write of the whole thing so it was a lot more functional and better setup than it is now. Just wantd to give a short update, this has really been weighing heavy on me the last few weeks and I basically took almost all of last week off from work to really sit down and look at all my options again and try and formulate a plan. Spent 3 days working on different options that turned out to be not a complete waste of time (learned what I didn't want :lol:) but as of yesterday evening, I think I finally have a platform I am going to be working from. Very much an enterprise commercial type solution, so its going to take me a while to get everything figured out on it, but I think everyone from buyers and sellers a like will be really happy and impressed with this when its done. Very mobile friendly, good invoicing, a shipping calculating module that will actually work and function correctly, really cutting edge and a design that'll compete with any other parts related eCommerce site on the web I think.

As far as I know throughout the many thousands of forums and communities on the internet I've come across, there is yet to be another store front quite like what we have here with sellers manufacturing and selling their own stuff right through the community forum. So, pretty cool setup I hope to have significantly improved in the next coming months.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-26-2014, 06:20 PM
I for one, really like the shop and how it helps the enthusiast to support those involved in the community. (if that makes sense)

One problem I had with the shop from day 1 Billy was that I was unable to use my 3ww membername and sign in info to get into the shop. I had to create another profile there using a different email address. All said and done I am able to use the shop with no issues that way. Just thought I would offer some feedback for you since you are overhauling it. I would bet I am not the only one to have that problem. It's not a big problem though.

Billy Golightly
05-26-2014, 06:27 PM
A SSO (Single-Sign-On) account setup is on my dream list, but in practicality, its really difficult to cross connect and verify the data from the forum software here out into another instance or program elsewhere. I mean there are programming wizards that can do it, but its a pretty involved thing. I don't think thats going to be a possibility with this...but we will see.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Thanks Billy.

I'm just computer literate enough to be able to participate here and kind of keep my laptop running OK. It makes sense that cross-connect would be difficult. I suspect that security for the members may be a big part of what makes it difficult. It's certainly not the end of the world if it can't happen. :)

Billy Golightly
05-30-2014, 10:02 PM
Okay, another update. I have been pounding on this thing HARD - pretty sure there are rumors at work about me quitting and doing something else I've been so scarce in there :lol:. I'm gonna have to dial this down after the weekend so I'm not sure how much I'll get accomplished after that between work and getting ready for Trikefest - but I'm going to say that shortly after Trikefest I should be able to give you guys a pretty damn good teaser of how this is going to look.

I'm pretty excited already....you can literally be on your phone in the garage and pull stuff up while you're working on a machine and decide what you need, build a list, and then order right then or save it for later on if you wanted.

Really, Really cool stuff.

Billy Golightly
07-03-2014, 03:48 PM
A few photo teasers on the new designs work in progress. Lots and lots to still do, several months out still, but I think this will be really snazzy and nice once its completed.

Billy Golightly
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Another short update - been working on this and am about 1/3 of the way through it right now. If any of the existing 3WW Vendors want to start playing around with it, please PM or shoot me an email. All your existing in stock items will transfer over. if you have something that is out of stock now but will be available in the future, let me know so I can make sure it goes over as well.