PDA

View Full Version : yeah i have pay pal now woo hoo

TRI-Zbrian
01-08-2004, 07:12 PM
lol i finaly made a pay pal account it is realy realy easy i thought it would be alot harder then it realy was wow im glad i did it now buying stuff wont be so hard. :D

x.system
01-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Lets try it out...send me some internet cash :D

TRI-Zbrian
01-08-2004, 08:56 PM
any one alse that has pay pal hows it work is it as good as they say it is i have an account now but havent sent or recieved any money yet to see what its like.

short4stuff
01-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Sure everyone thinks paypal is great... Until you get your account frozen and then you want you to send all this info to them and then once you do that they still do not un freeze it... Look here www.paypalsucks.com How many people have had there account frozen???

davham
01-09-2004, 01:04 AM
.....or you sell a few high $$$ items and they stick it to hard with fees. I finally gave them the axe.

3 weelin geezer
01-09-2004, 04:15 PM
I think they SUCK! I tried it twice before once to send payment and it took two weeks and nothing. I finally sent the guy a M/O and he got it in 4 days by mail. He was thinking I wasn't going to pay him. Second time I got paid for a guitar synth but I forgot my password. I tried to get it but I was sent some notice to call customer 'support' . After about 7 bucks in quarters and 40 min. later I finally spoke to some one who didn't know anything. I think I was talking to the janitor. He passed me on to a 'supervisor' who 'verified' my information only to apparently lose it faster than I can throw money into the wind. So, instead of wiring me the money NOW to my account like they claim, I was sent a check 2 wks later . Oh, yeah. That guy also closed my account which did not exist. If you are rich and don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks go ahead and try them. I would rather ride my unicycle without the seat down the rockiest mountain you can name than do business with them again! ABSOLUTELY NO PAYPAL!! :x

ejc042
01-09-2004, 04:19 PM
I have been using it to buy and sell stuff for two years. Never had one problem. As long as you account for the 3% charge if someone pays you with a credit card, i have not had any real fees.

86waterpumper
01-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I have used it now two or three years myself. I think it's great for paying people with, but I've never used it to accept money on any of my auctions. What really blows about paypal, is that after you hit the 2,000 limit, they make you verify the account. I refuse to do this, so now I am on my third different account LOL. I've heard of too many people getting scammed, and my buddy verified his, so now everytime he goes to pay for a item it tries to default to his bank account, and to pay with his card he has to hit more funding options and go through a bunch of rigamarole.

TimSr
01-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Ive used it for several hundred transactions, buying and selling, and never had a problem. I also have two bank accounts verified with paypal so that I can deposit money from my paypal into either bank account. I also have a Paypal MC debit card with which I can purchase from my ebay account, in which I get a rebate with every purchase. yes they do charge fees when you accept money into your ebay account which overall are less than what banks charge merchants for accepting credit cards. I had a credit card merchant account for several years.

Most buyers would like to pay immediately and get their product shipped right away. Many specifically look for sellers accepting paypal for that reason. I frequently do. You get more bidders when you accept paypal. Money orders require a trip to wherever, and cost a fee as well.

To each his own, but I couldnt operate without it.

Howdy
01-09-2004, 05:41 PM

Paypal works out great for me. I get more payments via paypal then all others combined. With the Paypal debit card I have access to the money instantly. The fee can be looked at a couple ways. If you only take m/o, checks, ect then you have to run to the bank and cash them. With paypal you don't have to do anything. The time saved going to the bank 2, 3, 4, 5 times a week really adds up, and Time = Money to me. More time = more ebay listing which in turn = more money. ;)

Howdy

CHAD-98
01-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Many specifically look for sellers accepting paypal for that reason. I frequently do.

I agree. I have been using it for 2 years with no problems. I have the debit card, with cash back. I get back amost half of what ebay takes. Its not too bad.

I dont buy from sellers who dont accept paypal. Unless it is REALLY needed.

Dave