PDA

View Full Version : 83 yamaha 200? help!

helloeverbohdy
05-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Ok guys im not new to 3 wheelers or anything have ownd a lot of hondas and a couple tecates but just got my hands on a yamaha and I know nothing about it well I know a lil.my main questins are what oil shou I use in her and dose in take som kinda oil in the shaft drive? Any other info would be greatly appreciated o and I can get the starter to turn over but wont start the trike but right after trying to star will push start right up, so am I missing a to the battery? Idk thanks you guys n like I said really any info would b great ill store it in my brain intill I die.....

ironchop
05-30-2014, 01:46 PM
have a free service manual ......that will help get you started

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

helloeverbohdy
05-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the quick reply but I have tryd those and they are lost or deleted web pages , click on the link and its says cant find page

helloeverbohdy
05-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Disregard my last post

helloeverbohdy
05-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Got it but no info on battery

helloeverbohdy
05-31-2014, 01:46 AM
There arnt any yamaha guys that can answer my questins? Any1 please..

muthey
05-31-2014, 11:41 PM
there is a a starter relay under the seat by the voltage regulator, but it mainly controls the starter itself. the main issue I have had with my 225dx electric start is a weak ignition coil after I replaced the magneto. people have a big problem with changing oil on trikes and everything else and these motors really like to put metal shavings up in the stator area. not a problem if you change the oil regularly. but can be if you don't do it for years. I have a front fender if you are interested, also have a set of yellow rear plastics that just need to be polished. Any other parts for the frame you might need let know have quite a few left that I will sell for a very reasonable price. I also have the headlight and shroud as well all my stuff is yellow, no key ignition I have used all of them but you can use any 80 and early 90's four wheeler ones with slight modding of the plug. Brandon

helloeverbohdy
06-01-2014, 12:39 PM
What oil are you using in trailprotrailpro trike and howmuch what kind and how to check the shaft oil? N thanks for the reply

DohcBikes
06-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Not to be harsh bro but this is not a text chat line. Full sentences and descriptions will go a long way towards getting more answers.

Valvoline ATV works great for engine oil. Rear gear oil can be checked by unscrewing the allen cap on the rear differential housing.

By the way, your front end is not stock. Can we get some better descriptions, and better pictures please?

helloeverbohdy
06-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes sir, thanks for the info.ill take some pics with my camera in a couple.

muthey
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
you are correct DOHC he has a tri-z front end on there I just really looked at it. I usually run yamma lube 10-40 four stroke oil in all of mine is a decent price and designed for wet clutches. Also it takes about 1 quart but if you aren't going to buy a gallon of it buy 2 quarts to make sure you have enough.

DohcBikes
06-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Cool, thought it was a tri-z but wanted to defer to the yammi experts lol...

Is it just me or does it look like he's got about 30 psi in those forks:wondering

helloeverbohdy---less than ten psi in the forks is recommended im guessing. Dont use a compressor to air them up unless you have a regulator. A bicycle tire pump works great. Too much air is bad bad bad.

muthey
06-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Cool, thought it was a tri-z but wanted to defer to the yammi experts lol...

Is it just me or does it look like he's got about 30 psi in those forks:wondering

helloeverbohdy---less than ten psi in the forks is recommended im guessing. Dont use a compressor to air them up unless you have a regulator. A bicycle tire pump works great. Too much air is bad bad bad.

It's hard to say the stock front tire for a Z is 23.5" and all of the plastics are off the forks which will make them look super long. only way to tell is to try and compress them and feel the stiffness. Now back to parts for that machine you will need to find a headlight shell for a Tri-z and a front fender as well. But on a positive not with the head light shell the thermostat light lens can be changed out to a green one and wired up to the neutral indicator light and there is enough room in the Z headlight shell to add a keyed ignition for the 200 if you want I have a printable template that you can use to cut out the key ign hole. Unless you plan on running that in the dunes or severely muddy areas I personally recommend putting some fork boots on those forks.

emmie357
06-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Interesting... that appears to be a YTM200e, with blue YTM200 plastics (half painted), and a tri-z front end.

Engine oil, 10W-40 will be fine, there is a dip stick. I believe it's on the clutch cover.
Rear end oil you don't really check, just drain and refill.

edit: are those rear tires trail pros? They can't be they are worn out...

helloeverbohdy
06-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Here are some more pictures. Sorry it took a while pulled a muscle in my back, hard to walk.parts I need are pull starter guts rear brake parts some bolts for the pull starter and whatever was mentioned above.

muthey
06-02-2014, 11:14 PM
ok I have rear brakes, and the air box that you are missing with the metal cage and air-box tubes. I don't have the guts for the pull starter, or a battery box which you will need. Also I don't believe that is the right muffle that looks more like the one to a 225 dx or dr to me. It is hard to tell what else you are missing, under the bracket where your starter solenoid is, is where the voltage regulator and starter relay go. I highly recommend a air box with that as the chunk of foam right there will either fall off and cause a lean issue or plug up the carb and cause a rich issue. here is your best bet for pull start parts. http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003883ef870021f60a09958/starter

helloeverbohdy
06-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Ok I think I can fabricate the box, the kid I got it from had it posted as a 225, and that mufler wont move up enuf to get it in the bolt holes so I hit it with bailing wire.and was wondering why it would smoke a bit when I rev her out? When I got it it didnt have any air filter on at all.

helloeverbohdy
06-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Good eye, yes they are trail pros.