PDA

View Full Version : atc70 help

haydo111
06-02-2014, 01:13 AM
firstly let me introduce myself my names hayden and im from down under Sydney Australia ive been bitten by the trike buy and try to buy one when I see one atm I have 2 atc70 trikes a little alt50 and a Kawasaki tecate I love them all
MY question is
one of my little 70's was working perfectly last time I used it (about 6 weeks back ) put her away and tried to start it and it would not kick over not even when I put gas down the hole so I run a quick compression check 60psi WTF
from my experience it could be either rings /piston head gasket or valves
anyhow every part I get for these little guys I have to get sent from the states 2 a little over 2 weeks each time so I kind of wanted a little input before I start ordering away
1 what would be the mostlikly cause from just sitting there to drop so much compression as it was working perfectly before im hoping its an easy fix but I havnt had the head of yet
any ideas before I start

shortline10
06-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Pull the top end and inspect and mic .
Might be a tight / leaky / bent valve who knows .
Report back and let us know and we will help you threw the issues .

jakep53
06-02-2014, 08:30 AM
welcome to 3ww I am from Vic......sounds like you have a nice collection
can you post some pics of your tecate I am looking for 1 and I have concluded they have to be imported from the U.S and they were never sold in OZ??? can you confirm this??

haydo111
06-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes i hat to import mine from the states

haydo111
06-02-2014, 08:52 AM
i will pull the head off over the weekend .i have only ever had experiance with 2 strokes is there anything i neee to watch out for
Cheers

shortline10
06-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Just valves and timing . Not hard just download a manual and follow the steps .

shovelryder
06-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Could timing chain have skipped a tooth last time it was shut off, or trying to start it?