PDA

View Full Version : Polaris 350 trail boss

smokinwrench
01-08-2004, 08:41 PM
I traded the ole Honda 4 trax off for a polaris 350 trail boss tonight. I had been searching for a used polaris for the wife to ride at the dunes. This one needs a little work but it seems to run dang good and have lots of power. It should haul her and our daughter around the dunes very easily. I'll get it cleaned up and looking good this weekend.

Wickedfinger
01-09-2004, 03:00 AM
Ya, get her cleaned up and post some pics!

smokinwrench
01-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Well I got it all rideable. I put on new rear sprocket, cleaned carb, checked over everything, greased it ( damn it has alot of zerks), cleaned it all up and rode it a bunch.

Dang I just love riding this thing. It has tons of power, smoooth ride, and I like the footpads. I have ridden a few polaris's but not ever long enough to get a feel for one. It was nice to just go out with the kid and ride around. Places that I had to get a run at with the ole Honda now I can stop at the bottom and just go up it.

I know most people are down on Polaris, but I just can't get over how nice this thing rides and runs. Don't get me wrong I know its not made for running 60 mph over the dunes and jumping stuff, but for just going out and doing normal riding it is great.

Bumb
01-11-2004, 10:13 AM
I was Looking at a 2003. Looked nice but I dont have the cash for it. So I cant get it. There nice quads. A friend of mine has a sportsmen 500 and a 400. The 500 has tons of power. I like there quads. I dont see why people dont like them.

JW125M
01-11-2004, 01:06 PM
what year model is it?...i got a scrambler 500 and i love it..fast

Wickedfinger
01-11-2004, 11:58 PM
looks like a '93 350L 2x4. Still has the original tires on it. Take those damn racks off!. AAEN performance makes a good "torquer" trail type pipe for it. http://www.aaenperformance.com/2S_P1.asp

smokinp
01-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Nice find 8)

smokinwrench
01-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Dang, Wickedfinger you really know your Polaris machines you got it exactly. I am going to remove the racks (wife demands it) I am also going to remove the rear mud flaps or cut them down really short. I'm wanting to find an aftermarket front bumber for it wife says the black stock one is ugly.

The machine only has 1900 miles on it. It is fouling plugs when I stop going up hill, not sure of the problem yet. I think maybe I have enough wear on the float the level has raised a little causing the problem.

It has plenty of power I don't need a pipe yet.

hondatrikesrule22
01-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Man smokinwrench,the wife really knows what she does and does not want on there :shock: .

smokinwrench
01-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Man smokinwrench,the wife really knows what she does and does not want on there :shock: .

YES she does, and if I keep her on a semi fast good handling easy to ride machine=she will want to ride more and I will get to goto the dunes more often. I goto the dunes alot now, but if she likes riding even more now I will get to go even more :D . Then she will get tired of sleeping in a tent so well will have to get a Toyhauler trailer next. :D

Only problem is I am looking for me a new quad, she told me she wants to ride whatever I buy. So now I am looking at 4 stroke models with electric start rather than only TRX. I will be happy with whatever quad I buy. I'M SCARED THOUGH. What if she kickes me completely off the new quad and I only get to ride the Polaris. ;)

Josh

Wickedfinger
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey Smokin', DG makes a bumper for it - its the same one that'll fit the old Trail Boss.