PDA

View Full Version : Are the 1984 ODYSSEYS any good??

Dirtcrasher
06-08-2014, 03:28 AM
I have a friend with one that starts with starter fluid; Gummed up carb. He just traded his CR125 for that and a 200CC Yamaha trike but I would buy a 2 stroke Tri-Moto but I doubt I'd buy this............. I have to see it and test it.

Leaning towards the ODYSSEY:

I have not seen it or the plastic and such but mid next week I will. Kid wants short money for it. I'll look for goodies but are these desirable?

Obviously the suspended ones would be much better and this is a 250CC from what his father tells me.

If it isn't too beat up, whats it worth if it can be cleaned out to run?? Or should I keep it; They look fun in magazines :D

Thanks for any help :beer

200xman
06-08-2014, 06:22 AM
They are fun but do beat you up with no rear suspension. I picked one up cheap a few years back and made some good money on it when I sold it. The seat pans are steel so watch out for rusted pans. I had to do motor mounts on mine but the parts were still available from Honda. Pain in the ass to pull the fuel tank for cleaning, you have to take the rear section of the cage off. They are more tippy than you would think too.

200xman
06-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Here's a picture of the one I sold. It went for over 2K on Ebay.

jb2wheels
06-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Hard tail Odys are a lot of fun.

Like all these old toys, their worth is tied to their condition. Looking at 200Xman's picture, that's probably the nicest red Ody I've seen in years.

90guy
06-08-2014, 11:42 AM
The hardtails are a blast. They have gold Dg heads and comet clutches etc. for these. Just a blast from the past with these!

Dirtcrasher
06-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Hard tail Odys are a lot of fun.

Like all these old toys, their worth is tied to their condition. Looking at 200Xman's picture, that's probably the nicest red Ody I've seen in years.

Thanks bud, I just need to see it. The one Todd had, is/was super nice!! I'm sure this one won't look like that! :lol: But, I'll check it out for the price it is and see whats up......