PDA

View Full Version : E bay sales

dustrunner
06-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Gonna sell some old car parts on e bay. Anything i should do or not do ? 1st time seller....

dustrunner
06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
ok, should I do free shipping and just raise the buy it now price ?

DohcBikes
06-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Free shipping. sells twice as fast. Make sure you CYA

ironchop
06-12-2014, 11:29 AM
^^^what Damon said...I still buy and I HATE shipping charges. The posts that say free shipping are almost always the only ones I click to look at.

I quit selling there when they stopped letting the Seller give bad feedback and They also relisted a trike I was selling as a parts machine. Had it listed as a "Parts Trike" under Parts and Accessories. They (ebay) moved it without telling me......into Powersports category...the difference? About $200 in Seller fees for selling a Motorcycle, ATV, car or Truck. The reserve was $200 on the auction and it sold for $235...Somebody got a running 200S and I got $35....when I complained LOUDLY, they confirmed this and said it was because I had described it as running and complete...regardless of me mentioning it had NO TITLE. The same week I listed something for somebody I know and it sold. After it sold, he was packing up and dropped it putting a tear in the seat (it was an OEM H2 Kaw seat...rare in good shape and it was pristine...till it sold and he dropped it).....the tear wasn't very long and I found this out IMMEDIATELY after Bert tore it so I IMMEDIATELY refunded his Paypal payment. He contacted me and tried to get it for cheaper than selling price because of the tear but Bert refused and the guy threatened me with feedback and having my account suspended blah blah even though he got his money back with two hours of paying it. He reported me to Ebay for fraud even though he was breaking the rules by asking for a better deal outside of the Auction but Ebay sided with him and it was/ Is the ONLY bad feedback I have ever received ever to this day. I was FURIOUS. I decided not to relist it or ever sell anything for anyone else or even myself on Ebay.

So yeah, CYA is a VERY good pc of advice.

dustrunner
06-13-2014, 08:55 PM
ok, im dumb... what's cya ?

Mr. Clean
06-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Cover your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro

ironchop
06-13-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't mean to scare anyone off. I know some sellers have better results than I've had.

The old days of ebay were more fair to all and you can still make money. It just costs more now, more rules to follow, and some people are never pleased no matter how hard you try. Paypal can yank a payment back from you as well. Read the regs carefully and cover your behind

ironchop
06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Be very clear about the description of the condition of your parts. Shoot lots of pics especially of the damage. People like full disclosure and it keeps you in the Right should they choose to file a complaint.