PDA

View Full Version : honda atc 200s help

shoutzy
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, I just got a 1985 200s and i want to put a spotlight on it but don't know where or how to mount it and where should i put the battery. Another thing is that the machine only runs when im on reserve, even on a full tank of gas, what should I do? Thanks

chargercharlie
06-10-2014, 03:52 PM
As far as your petcock its probably cruded up. Id recommend draining your tank and taking it off to clean..or just buy another..They are readily available on ebay if you search for the 85 200s. As far as a battery you could always mount it on the rear rack if you have one..the real question is where do you want it..and then plan accordingly.

shoutzy
06-10-2014, 03:57 PM
My cousin bought it so that i can pay and work it off of him, he put in a longer one cause the whole tank was rust so tonight im going to put vinegar in it cause thats what ive seen most frequently on here for gas tank rust removal and for the light i have a rear rack but i have to lift it up to get to the toolbox on the back and i want to put it on the front like the regular hondaline worklight but i cant fine the light or bracket on ebay and if there in pictures tore to difficult to see

shoutzy
06-10-2014, 07:52 PM
im thinking of making a front rack does anyone have and pics and dimensions on one they have?

Keepah Rolln
06-10-2014, 08:55 PM
You can get a petcock for the 200s for around 20 bucks at G&H DISCOUNT ATV SUPPLY online. I grabbed a couple for my sx's..They ship fast..

shoutzy
06-10-2014, 10:00 PM
my cousin has the original one for it he put a longer one in so it wouldnt suck up and rust and clog the carb