PDA

View Full Version : carb issue for kawasaki Klt 110 please help

franksimons
06-10-2014, 07:16 PM
ok so i thought it was vapor locking but the only thing is that the only thing that gets hot is the hard plastic like thing between the motor and the metal piece that goes to the rubber piece that connects to the carb and the carbs cold. also there is the hose that runs off the bottom of the carb if i suck all air out of the carb till i get gas it runs great for another 30mins or so. im so lost i took it the carb apart all is clean and looks good seals are good too. no filter between gas and on off switch or the on off switch to the carb shoul i put one some where will that help it? please help im so lost.

franksimons
06-10-2014, 09:22 PM
ok so i thought it was vapor locking but the only thing is that the only thing that gets hot is the hard plastic like thing between the motor and the metal piece that goes to the rubber piece that connects to the carb and the carbs cold. also there is the hose that runs off the bottom of the carb if i suck all air out of the carb till i get gas it runs great for another 30mins or so. im so lost i took it the carb apart all is clean and looks good seals are good too. no filter between gas and on off switch or the on off switch to the carb shoul i put one some where will that help it? please help im so lost.
ok also found a tiny hole in gas tank if i fix the hole will that stop the issue?

shortline10
06-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Gas cap possibly not venting correctly .
Pull the fuel hose and see if it stops flowing after a minuet or so .

franksimons
06-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Gas cap possibly not venting correctly .
Pull the fuel hose and see if it stops flowing after a minuet or so .

ok did that with cap off it still didnt flow right so shook the tank till i emptied tank out of gas and alot of dirt came out did that with about three gallons of gas. also after cleaning carb took apart and there was alot of dirt again so cleaned it and put a fuel filter on that way the dirt gets caught. also when coming to a hard stop it bogs out and wants to die till i shake the three wheeler hard from side to side.. when it does die i have to put choke on to get it to start again. i dont know should i get a new carb and find a new tank?

DohcBikes
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Clean it all again. Then clean it again.