PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda Big Red

Epic69
06-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Hello I just purchased this Big Red. First thing that needs to be done is replace the shift shaft. The original shifter has been welded in place and when downshifted the shifter stays down and doesn't spring back up so im thinking new shift shaft with new pedal are in order. Anybody have any pics or vids of replacing the shift shaft? any no-no's or Tips for doing this?

Also I don't know what the windshield is on there, is that a Honda accessory or something else. Anybody know what that is worth? not sure if I like the look of it.

3wheeled roofer
06-11-2014, 12:50 PM
wind shield is sweet. if trailprotrailpro looking to sell pm me im interested. never tore into a big red so im not much help there. good luck

matt3x
06-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Here is a link to some manuals - http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

You should be able to find your manual and then a break-down/diagram of the shifting mechanism. That may not entirely be the problem though... maybe someone else with a similar issue might chime in as well.

redsox
06-12-2014, 08:41 AM
shift return spring. get yuerself a manual and take your time. its not rocket science. parts are available.

350for350
06-12-2014, 07:21 PM
That trike looks amazing. It's in such good condition. If you don't like the windshield/fairing, I say take it off and keep it. You could change your mind about it someday.

Epic69
06-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes I was a little disappointed when I first looked at it the right side panel was missing, those are impossible to find if at all. But the previous was able to find it! and its in perfect shape! Whew! that was a relief.. It needs a carb cleaning, oil change, Air filter, Battery and some general clean up. Tires have slow leaks but those will be getting green slimed this weekend and its basically ready to use.