PDA

View Full Version : Introducing BOUNTY CLASS MX - Money up for grabs!

keister
06-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Last year I stood and watched as my camp swept the podium in Semi-Suspended (Hardtail) MX class - even with our two best racers sitting out the main (no offense guys). At that point I decided I wanted to encourage competition in that class, and what better way than to offer up some cold hard stinking cash.

So here are the rules:
My camp vs the rest of Trikefest** in Hardtail MX during the regular event.
You win the main, and I hand you a fresh crisp $50 bill at the award ceremony.
You get a trophy (2nd or 3rd place) and I hand you $25 bucks.

Some additional points:
This is MY own cash. This is NOT the site's money and does not involve 3WW.com in any way.
The site owners / mods are hearing about this for the first time just as you are (hope this doesn't violate any rules or get me in trouble).
My boys will be riding stock (mostly ragged out and whooped on) 185s and ATC200's.
This is stock motors and roundy poundy tires for the most part, so please don't try to slip a cheater bike into the class on a loophole.
I don't believe for a minute that ATCTim is camping out there by himself, but if he actually does this year -- my brother still counts as part of my camp.
Enter this race and it will give you a very good idea of what it is like to go on a fast trail ride with the Tionesta Trikes gang.
So, that's basically it. Hopefully this injects some competition for our camp. Remember: even with cash involved, it is still just for fun. Be safe!

** Disclaimer: If your last name is Hall, you are ineligible to win this prize money. Only a complete idiot would bet money against any Hall on a 3 wheeler.

Any questions?

keister
06-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Race order info:

Hardtail Bounty Class will be the first race of the day.
Unlimited Open Expert will be the final (11th) race.
There is an intermission between the heats and the mains, so running both of those classes will not be an issue for anyone.

As for the rest of the racing order, I base that on who signs up for which classes. I will do my very best to ensure that nobody has to run back to back races.

MotherTucker85
06-12-2014, 01:36 PM
He doesn't know it yet, but i am entering Scott Wickersham on his KLT 160 for this.

atctim
06-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Scott Wickersham always comes in last and is a slow trike rider. Plus he smells like an old oyster shell.

shovelryder
06-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Now if you guys were any kind of cool, youd line up with my 7yr old on his 90 and let him win all dramatic like! LOL!!!!

MotherTucker85
06-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Scott Wickersham always comes in last and is a slow trike rider. Plus he smells like an old oyster shell.

haha I'll let him know

ironchop
06-12-2014, 05:21 PM
So its like an IROC race but for trikes....and without mirror identical machines.

TriRoc......your welcome.....see what I did there?

M.Pargiello
06-12-2014, 09:24 PM
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/96RedCav/AJ4-GIF-61_zps1ac6477e.gif (http://s708.photobucket.com/user/96RedCav/media/AJ4-GIF-61_zps1ac6477e.gif.html)

CRAZY70MAN
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM

I would say more like wet fritos

just ben
06-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Is it required to have front suspension? I would give it a go on a rigid trike ...a mini at that

Kintore
06-13-2014, 02:34 AM
LOL this is awesome. Our camp has a strange and odd obsession with hardtails.

keister
06-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Is it required to have front suspension? I would give it a go on a rigid trike ...a mini at that

The early 185s and I think the first ATC200 had solid front forks. Those are legal.

My boys will be riding stock (mostly ragged out and whooped on) 185s and ATC200's.
This is stock motors and roundy poundy tires for the most part, so please don't try to slip a cheater bike into the class on a loophole.

keister
06-27-2014, 02:36 PM
So, this turned out almost as well as expected.
Heat 1: This kid named Evan Pflum (Pfium?) showed up at the start line and dusted the field.
Heat 2: My camp had the top 4 locked up, until Timmy200 and Rusty both stalled their bikes in the woop section.
Final results
1-Kintore
2-The Snake
3-Evan
4-ATCTim
5-Russell350X

I did not talk to Evan after the race, but I was told by another member that he would be at the awards to accept his $25 bounty.
When the class winners were announced Saturday night, I had his 3rd place trophy and $25 in hand for him...... but he did not show up.
So, if anyone has any info on how I can get ahold of Evan Pflum please let me know on here or via PM.
I want to find out how to give him his trophy and the prize money he deservedly earned!
As you can see by the results, he CAN AND DID ride with the fastest of the fast.
Congrats, Evan.... now where are you???

I will post results for all MX classes next week in another thread.

keister
06-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Anyone? Anyone???

Well, this is disappointing!