PDA

View Full Version : How to take off 200es front tire off?

ivan-083
06-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Hey, I have a 200es and my front shocks have been weldered together, I have brought a new set of front shocks but I can't take the front tire off my 200es? Does the axle just come off? It's probably been sitting for 10 years? Is there a way to take the front tire off? Do I need to take shocks off first? Please help thanks

shortline10
06-15-2014, 09:22 AM
"Heat and beat" on the axle and hub , they like to get stuck at the brake hub so focus the heat their . Yes the axle is supposed to just slide out .
Lots of penetrating fluid !

ivan-083
06-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks, I was going to try heat but just wanted to ask, thanks for your help and quick response, appreciate it

wonderboy
06-15-2014, 09:17 PM
A 200ES doesn't have the 4 bolt block that holds the one end of the axle (like a 350x or 250r). The fork lowers are just holes and the other side has nut... and most likely the whole works is siezed together nicely. The comment about beat and heat definitely applies. On mine, the only solution was a sawzall and ebay.

Chopsaw
06-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Heat and beat is a last resort . Remove the cotter pin .Remove the castle nut . Axle should slide out the right side of the bike . If it doesn't , thread the nut back on the axle just enough to be able to tap it lightly without the axle threads showing thru the nut , so trailprotrailpro striking the nut and not the axle threads . If it doesn't move , spray it with PB blaster and let it sit . Use a wrench on the other side of the axle , see if it will brake free . Spray it with more PB blaster . Give it time ,,, if it wont come out , then get heavy handed , do whats needed and buy more parts .

ivan-083
06-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Thanks Chopsaw, i did try to hit axle hard but still didnt move, ill try to lube it up more and see, if not ill get heat onto it.