PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Some decent trike storage

Bren_downe
06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
I'd live to have a garage but it just ain't in the cards right now. So I did the next best thing…
Picked this up from my boss on the cheap. He even brought his excavator down so we could get it closer to ground level.
48ft of dry storage…

hoosierlogger
06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
A lot of people around here do that. Some take the time to remove the landing gear, some just leave it on and build a big ramp. Awesome deal by the way. How much did that cost you?

Bren_downe
06-17-2014, 03:01 PM
My boss was advertising it for 2500. He let me have it for 1500 which included the excavator and operator. I left the landing gear on because it will inevitable sink a little over time. The landing gear gives me an opportunity to try and level it.
It's still about two feet from ground to trailer floor so a ramp will be needed. I didn't want it too low because when it does sink it would make opening the doors a PITA.

Ghostv2
06-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Now you have an excuse to buy more, you need to fill it up.

hoosierlogger
06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
That's not a bad price either. To build a shed that size would have cost you atleast $4000.

Bren_downe
06-17-2014, 03:55 PM
That's not a bad price either. To build a shed that size would have cost you atleast $4000.

I agree, not to mention the work and time it would have taken to build it. I've been suffering with a 15 year old leaky tarp shed for too long!

It's funny ghost, I mentioned that in jest to some friends. The wife over heard and you would have thought I peed in her cereal! We have a project house in a neighboring town that needs to be cleaned out of our junk and put on the market. All that stuff, will probably take up about half the trailer.

Ghostv2
06-17-2014, 05:15 PM
At least it's safe, that's more secure than where it's at now probably. Plus it's right there with you on your current property. 1 way in, one lock.

Imagine that thing painted red and the Honda ATC logos all over it. There is so many ways you could make that cool.

Bren_downe
06-18-2014, 03:27 AM
Imagine that thing painted red and the Honda ATC logos all over it. There is so many ways you could make that cool.
Yeah that was my first thought! I was leaning toward a giant "honda 250" in the style of the first gen R tank. 48' of that would look nasty!

jakep53
06-18-2014, 08:19 AM
looks like some good storage and workspace...and a huge ATC logo on the side would be so cool!!! how big of a logo do you think I could fit on my shed lol

coolpool
06-18-2014, 09:53 AM
You stole that thing for that price, and to have it delivered and sunk in to boot! I'd say keep it's contents on the down low without posting ATC logo's all over it. I agree it would look awesome but..........? Going to run power to it?

Bren_downe
06-18-2014, 03:04 PM
You stole that thing for that price, and to have it delivered and sunk in to boot! I'd say keep it's contents on the down low without posting ATC logo's all over it. I agree it would look awesome but..........? Going to run power to it?

Bear in mind I'm the one that delivered, haha. I had to pull it about 6 miles with that tired old yard truck. Top speed is a blistering 40 mph! It was a good deal though regardless. The atc logos aren't a big deal, we have a 1500' driveway and not a neighbor in sight. I'm not sure about running power yet, it's only 60 feet or so from my outside outlet, I'll run extension cords for now.