PDA

View Full Version : 84 Honda 200s valve adjustment help.

Domi
06-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Hey y'all,
I need help how to adjust my valves on my 84 200s. I watched a video on youtube, on how to do it and try it that way and got no where fast. I read my owners manual and same thing.
I know about lining up the T to the timing mark, I took off my CDI cover to make sure everything lines up and it doesn't. I can get the T all lined up but my valves don't move at all, and doesn't matter what I do I cannot get the T to line up with my pulsar coil and rotor. When the rotor and pulsar coil marks line up, the T is way off.
My timing can't be off because the bike starts one pull and runs fine, except the the tick from the valves. I have never adjusted these so its time any help would be great.

wonderboy
06-18-2014, 08:42 PM
You don't need to bother with the CDI pulsar coil rotor.

The important thing is that your piston is at top dead center of the compression stroke. Top dead center is easy do determine by lining up the T-mark on the flywheel. To make sure it is on the compression stroke, you just have to watch the valves move as you rotate. TDC of the compression stroke is when the T mark lines up after the intake valve moves but before the exhaust valve moves.

So, slowly rotate the motor. You'll see the intake valve open and close. Go slow and watch for the T-mark to line up. Make sure the exhaust valve hasn't moved. You are good to go. If you go to far, you'll see the exhaust valve open and close. You'll have to keep going all the way around again until the intake opens...