PDA

View Full Version : Things looking up!

200slover
06-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Well to the people who have seen my previous posts, I have some good news. My 185s is finally in riding condition! I adjusted my carburetor and fuel line, which resulted in a more reliably running engine. It finally idles and it doesn't mysteriously die on me while riding. The only complaint would be on the front tire. I got a new mud buster and the installer messed up some how and it wouldn't hold air any longer than an hour, half an hour if I rode on it. A week after that, it held air, for another week that is. When I was riding the other day it just slid off the rim so Im waiting on my uncle's air compressor to reseat it. I've got a straight pipe on it that I made from a hollow electric scooter seat post. I know its bad on the valves so I am hoping to replace it soon with a cobra exhaust. Also how much slack, if any, should my chain have? I have slid my rear axle back as far as it will go, which results in extremely little slack but as soon as I shift into first it goes back to an amount of slack that is still fairly little but It wiggles considerably more. Also, my 2nd gear is stripped. I usually just skip it when shifting but its a pain. I'm almost 100% sure that my 200s trans is interchangeable, so I'm wanting to do a swap. Is it as simple as unbolting the heads and swapping them? I'd do a full engine and trans swap but the actual engine on the 200s is locked up, so I want to just swap the heads. Is it as simple as unbolt, swap, and bolt them back together? Sorry bout the lengthy message but I haven't had access to the site in awhile so I had a lot of questions lol. My last question (I promise) is what is the normal top speed? I believe I have topped it out at about 40-45 before and I want to know if that is normal or too slow. Thanks for your time and patience.

atcdude0
06-23-2014, 10:39 PM
40-45 sounds about right. About second gear being stripped, I would take the transmission apart and take the gear to a machine shop and have someone weld beads all around it and grind teeth back into it. My cousin did that with his dirtbike, but I don't know how much it costed him. I don't know enough about your trans, but if they are interchangeable, that might be the better option.

200slover
07-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks, I found someone who'd do the trans swap for cheap so I'm going to try that. Do you know a website for a new OEM or aftermarket exhaust? I'm worried that I'm hurting the engine but I dont know where to look.