PDA

View Full Version : Now This Is How You're Suppose To Treat A Mini Countryman! HAHAHA

Fox250R
06-21-2014, 01:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWOANXNGrZc

I can't believe he walked away.. For the most part.....

DohcBikes
06-21-2014, 09:30 AM
I'd be a little unhappy with my jump builder. Good thing he got his arms pulled down in time.

Dave Little
06-21-2014, 10:15 AM
The jump itself functioned flawlessly, very little moving parts to it. The flight engineering was good as well. I knew what was going to happen when the driver said he had a new born baby with his wife- that's always a bad omen for dad when performing dangerous feats.
When the jump director wanted to make another high speed run and the driver wanted to jump, then everyone had to scramble to get the course ready for jumping, then I was sure of the outcome, fortunate however the car was good enough he survived. Some days that is all you really have to do.

DohcBikes
06-21-2014, 10:53 AM
I disagree. The people building and maintaining the jump and the landing should have discretion over whether it is ready or not. He hit the jump at his target speed cleanly but the over rotation was gross. I think the ramp was built wrong.

Mr. Clean
06-21-2014, 11:47 AM
He hit the jump at his target speed cleanly

Maybe I missed it but the last kmh reading was around 130 and his target was 160, I saw no other indication of hitting target speed in the video?

Was it a factor, dunno but sitting here in my chair makes it hard for me to judge what went wrong, even Guerlain said in the last piece of video that they will figure out what the problem was and address it.

DohcBikes
06-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Sitting in a chair watching a high definition video of the incident will very likely be a huge part of the process that is involved in figuring the problem.

I think the ramp is built wrong.:beer

Slingblade
06-21-2014, 01:51 PM
I would like to see a good clear side shot from take off to touchdown. I thought I caught a shot of the front tire not rotating before touch down, which would mean he hit the brakes.

You can also hear the RPM's go down just as the front end does. Maybe he should have been revving the whole time, bouncing on the limiter. In either case- Driver error.

Ramp off 1 degree, a little slow on entry, a minor driver error... The fact is, if you put a car in the air long enough gravity will eventually take over. Gravity took over..

DohcBikes
06-21-2014, 02:28 PM
OR.....the tire not rotating is because the initial trajectory of the ramp was too great, and the suspension bottomed out, stopping the front tire under the fender, and preloading the rear suspension to a point where it bucked just enough on launch to get the car to rotate.

Theres no way for us to know how the car would react the him revving the engine. Weight, weight distribution, drive type, too many factors to even start to guess where the gyro would focus.

What Im seeing is a car that jumped from where it was intended, landed where it was supposed to, but over-rotated.

Gravity took over when he started the car.

I think the jump was built wrong. :D

Dave Little
06-21-2014, 02:38 PM
I disagree. The people building and maintaining the jump and the landing should have discretion over whether it is ready or not. He hit the jump at his target speed cleanly but the over rotation was gross. I think the ramp was built wrong.

I agree that ramp control/use should not be left with the driver. He goes when ramp people say he can. I'll grant you that the landing ramp could have been a bit further away, but had the vehicle not rotated as grossly as it did, he could have nailed it. Now that I go back and watch the sequence a few more times, I think the engineer doing "all" the calculations did not account for the gyroscopic effect of the increased wheel speed would have on in-flight balance. It also does not help that a tire spinning while flying through the air is going to behave differently with nasty ice studs than with tires lacking studs.

Actually, given the increased weight alone of the tires with studs the gyroscopic effect will increase.

El Camexican
06-23-2014, 08:59 AM
That's the French guy from Talladega Nights, right?

lokisbuddy
06-28-2014, 08:12 PM
I think the main issue here is not the ramp. I think the main issue is cars were just not designed to go big he needs to get a bike.