PDA

View Full Version : bearing in the rear axle on a 85 honda atc 350x

franksimons
06-22-2014, 02:56 PM
hey my rear axle bearings are shot and when i lean left to right the trike makes clanking sounds and u can see the bearings are out of line. anyone know what i need or where to get and the prices of the item would be great all advice welcomed and appreciated.

briano
06-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Go to ANY type of atv dealer and they can get them for you. Get off the internet and go look for them. Or for the same amount of time it takes to come here and ask how much something is going to cost you could find it with a google search. Ever hear of eBay? Parts unlimited?

RIDE-RED 250r
06-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Rocky Mountain ATV is a good parts source as well.

You will need a set of bearings (2) and a set of seals (2). Often times both bearings and seals are sold as a set for around $50 or so depending on the brand.

franksimons
06-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Go to ANY type of atv dealer and they can get them for you. Get off the internet and go look for them. Or for the same amount of time it takes to come here and ask how much something is going to cost you could find it with a google search. Ever hear of eBay? Parts unlimited?
i was told they discontinued parts and i would have to use parts from a 86 so seeing if someone knew where i could get parts.
great to know someone will go to the lengths to show someone how stupid they are to computer stuff much appreciated.

Mosh
06-23-2014, 06:59 AM
350x uses the most popular bearing around as long as your carrier is stock.
Same bearing as 300ex 400ex 250r etc...any decent atv shop should have them in stock for around 50-60 for the whole kit. You can also get them from napa. Bearing number 6908-2rs. You may be able to re use the seals if they are not torn up. Sounds like they may need replaced if the axle is too loose like you say.