PDA

View Full Version : burning oil on my kawasaki klt 110A

franksimons
06-22-2014, 06:19 PM
i need to know all possible things that will be causing this.
cheapest to most expensive

thought about new piston, or rings, or just new motor
all advise will be greatly helpfull

prometheus
06-22-2014, 07:13 PM
How bad of oil burning we talking? Are you just noticing low oil when you check every so often or are you putting James Bond to shame with your smokescreen out the tailpipe? More than likely if your not showing signs of leaking out of the engine case your gonna need new rings, maybe a piston and eithier a cylinder wall honing or maybe an overbore. Depends on what it looks like when you open her up. Usually a good honing and rings will fix your problem.

franksimons
06-22-2014, 07:26 PM
How bad of oil burning we talking? Are you just noticing low oil when you check every so often or are you putting James Bond to shame with your smokescreen out the tailpipe? More than likely if your not showing signs of leaking out of the engine case your gonna need new rings, maybe a piston and eithier a cylinder wall honing or maybe an overbore. Depends on what it looks like when you open her up. Usually a good honing and rings will fix your problem.

at first it was normal no smoke went out mudding smoked a little and now ill whoop james bond in a smoke screen.
another thing i heard about alemite cd 2 it help bring the seal back on the rings but i dont know if that would work in a small engine...
also i found everyhting i would need to rebuild it but if u think it migt work if i add a lil ill try that first just want second opinion.

prometheus
06-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Never heard of that stuff but there are a ton of "Mechanic in a bottle" concoctions out there. Some work great and some are a waste of money. If its not too expensive it's always worth a shot. It usually just delays the inevitable. Give it a try and maybe it'll get you thru the summer and you can do a motor rebuild for a winter project.

franksimons
06-22-2014, 11:08 PM
i will try that see if it works. the weather here is extremely hot and like the idea of building it in the winter.