PDA

View Full Version : 82 250r lost clutch?

CodyRosa
06-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Hey guys.. I was out riding my trike when I went to pull into the garage.. went to pull in the clutch and nothing there. Assumed cable broke but it was still connected. As i was pulling the clutch the actuator arm pulls right along with it. I popped off the cable and can move the actuator arm by hand! So I popped off the the clutch cover (oil was clean.. brand new oil put in today and never once have i seen chunks, flakes of any sort) and went to pop the basket out.. well the big nut was loose.. moron before me didn't use the washer that was placed in there for a reason!! Anyways.. I pulled everything.. kept the basket in there because it didn't come out and just decided i'll try putting it back together. After everything was on there right I can move the basket in and out just a little bit. I pulled the clutch in and still nothing.. I can see the whole clutch wiggling as I pull the clutch in.. just enough to notice it(not pushing out just kinda moving left to right as if the motor were turning over)..

Any ideas on what caused this? I was just cruising up my driveway and went to the garage and it had no clutch.. it didn't get slowly worse.. just gave way and there was nothing. No noises.. oil is spotless!

Thank you!!!

CodyRosa
07-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Fixed it.. somehow there was no ball in the push rod.. so i took a ball bearing from an extra stem I had and that gave it a little clutch.. ended up cutting a smooth piece of steel from a bolt(no threads) and placed it in there.. works great now!