PDA

View Full Version : what a Z kick start failure looks like

adamszwheeler
07-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Well got it running close to where it should be now i have this little problem to deal with...gonna TRY and weld it. Ill know in first 2 seconds if its gonna work or not, biggest problem will be lining it all up and keeping it there...ill post more pics of it in process..this Z hates me....

adamszwheeler
07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Anyone ever remove the power valve set up and weld the hole on a yz cover?????

elvetost
07-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Oh man, that looks rougher than I hoped.. :(
The crack has gone through the other side of the case as well. Not good.

I'd see how much a case half would be and swap it out. Much easier than having to rebuild it down the road.

Anyone got a case half for our good friend?

Hey consider this a good chance to check your motor right up since you'll be splitting the cases...

adamszwheeler
07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
A new cover from yamaha is 255, i see one on ebay for almost 400...someone must not have told them you can still get them cheaper from a dealer lol...there is no way i am splitting my cases with bearings, gaskets and everything but the crank including a new sleeve is brand new. I even had to pull my shot 6spd and replace with a 5..Everything is new and i paid someone to do it..with the porting i could of bought a running 86 for what i have in this motor...i am tapped out! Soooo luckily i am a welder with access to a full machine shop, my coworkers and i have a lot of experiance with stuff like this and basically the cast will weld or it wont....sorry i never pm'd you back..cell phone hates this site.

El Camexican
07-03-2014, 07:52 AM
That sucks. What are you doing to fix your foot peg?

elvetost
07-03-2014, 04:22 PM
As I said man, you have it sorted pretty good in the other thread! :)