PDA

View Full Version : I love new tires!

Thorpe
07-05-2014, 01:41 AM
196789 I love getting new tires! 285/65/20 BFG ATKO's (not so much paying for them!) No more badyear tires... Only hated those since the day I bought the truck! But too darn expensive to throw away, so 48k later... 2012 Ram, 2.5" leveling kit, with Bullydog and k&n, (approx 425/435 hp/tq) tinted front windows (rolled down in the pic) and debaged within the first 24 hours of owning it, kenwood double din nav unit is going in next week too! Just got done doing a 900 mile trip, and was averaging 19 mpg, not too bad IMO for having that kind of power and 3.92 gears... Just figured I would post up a pic of my DD...

oldskool83
07-08-2014, 10:25 AM
nice truck, you need a 1" lift in the back then it will look nice. good year tires suck on the trucks. Cooper discovery's are better and cheaper if you staying within OEM specs...my favorite street A/Ts are Nitto terra grappler...here's my HEMI, not much is shock though...

MOPAR!!!!!!!!!

what mpg are you getting. I get 14.5 around town normal, 16 back roads or normal driving. and 19.3 is the best I've gotten on the highway Use middle grade fuel too.

Thorpe
07-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I usually pull about 17 in town, 19 highway... And 22 if I baby it real hard... It sits with the rear up slightly, but the angle of my driveway makes it look low...

El Camexican
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
I hear ya. Drove my truck to the tire store on the factory equipped Badyears and the dealer gave me the equivalent of $600 for them towards a set of 275 20" Toyos. I wanted the 285's badly, but that would have required a 2" lift in the front and I didn't want to mess up my warrantee. Turns out that if I had gotten it done at my dealers they would have warranted it.:cry: Oh well, when these wear out it'll get them.

PS. Too bad about having to mount those nice tires on a Mopar;)

86T3
07-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Just curious, are you guys calculating your milage or going by the computer in the truck?

El Camexican
07-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Just curious, are you guys calculating your milage or going by the computer in the truck?

Very good question. I think the computer in my Chevy is off at times. I'm driving up to Canada this fall and plan to monitor real VS computer.

Thorpe
07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
^^285's would be mighty large on your ElCamino, there ElCamex...! Think that little 5.3L could handle that much meat?! Jk

My ram doesn't have the fancy pants dash, so no mpg in it, but my bullydog gt tuner does. And with the bully, I was able to recalibrate my speedo/odometer for the new tire size... So, I calculate my mileage at the pump... And it just happens to always match my tuner! But I know my fathers Duramax lies to him to make him feel good about his mileage!