PDA

View Full Version : Custom Trike Build Questions?

sinopz
07-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Hello all, I have a few questions concerning a trike im wanting to build. A 185s or 200s. This may sound really dumb but has anyone ever put an air scoop or side pipe exhaust on a trike lol. I really like the idea of a drift style trike. Im thinking one of those shotgun air scoops may look cool sitting on the front fender. id like to have a big loud exhaust and posibly a bigger carb. Some underglow going throughout the trike and a different style headlight. A nice color scheme, Low profile tires aswell with a longer axle. Alright so I was curious if anyone ever made a trike with an air scoop or put underglow on their trike? Has anyone made a drift trike? Im assuming if I want low profilw tire id have to change the rims? Im currently working on a big red 250 but trying to keep it to its original glory. I want to build something fast and loud with my own twist. Thanks in advance to anyone with replies!

f76
07-06-2014, 12:04 PM
I know the 350x's super scoops and front fender actually were designed to act as an air scoop and direct air through the oil cooler and over the jug fins to aid in engine cooling. Super scoops may be an option for you if you choose that route. As for side pipes, the only things I have seen are frame out drag pipes on 2 strokes. You could sure make one for your trike if you wanted. For low profile tires you would want 10" or bigger rim diameter and run 18" or 20" tires.

sinopz
07-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, the exhaust was just a thought.i like how the exhaust comes straight out of the back anyways.and for the air scoop it seems kinda cool but wouldnt have a power increase I dont think.if your gonna be strange be the king of strange haha

DohcBikes
07-06-2014, 04:58 PM
I know a guy that's building something similar to what you describe.

If you wanna be the king of anything around here, I would not shoot for the 'strange' crown. There are many ahead of you.

350for350
07-06-2014, 05:01 PM
It would be difficult to make an air scoop functional when mounted on the front fender. It turns with the tire and handlebars. If you want it for looks go ahead. If you want fast, you'd better look for something with more power than a 185 or 200s. They just don't make a whole lot of power.

sinopz
07-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the inputs lol. I thought of a scoop thats connected to rubber tubing that is somewhat flexible that would later go to a metal tubing system that goes into the airbox. And as for a more "powerful machine" im looking to spend around 3000.there is little to no 250r 350x or 200x forsale here in newfoundland. The second 350x I seen on my classifieds page the asking price was 5000. The only available options are trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro hauled trail bikes that people are asking an arm and a leg for.