PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x clunking. Need help!!!

honda3
07-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Ok so I have an 86 200x. I boughtn a motor off eBay and it sat in my shed for almost a Year. I put it in and it ran awesome. No weird noises or anything. I rode it home last night from a friends house, it was running awesome, parked it and went inside. I woke up this morning and went outside to start it and ride it. I kicked on it and for a split second it started and it was clunking awfully. It then stalled out and seized. So I checked the oil. It's good. Took out the spark plug. It looks good. So with the spark plug out I put it in gear and pushed it around, it slowly unfreed itself. It now kicks over. I put the spark plug back in and started it. It was making the same awful noises. Sounds like its in the top end. Doesn't t seem to be the crank. I'm thinking timing chain jump or valves are messed up. Help!!!

sinopz
07-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Maybe the valve hitting the piston? Does the bike seem to have the same compression as what it did before?

honda3
07-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I think the valve is hitting the piston also. Has same compression but at one point it's hard to turn over. Pretty sure it's valve hitting the piston. Wat causes that? Timing chain jump?