PDA

View Full Version : Electrical help needed w/ '84 200ES big red

UFLBret
07-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Hey guys, I've got an electrical gremlin w/ my '84 Big Red. The neutral light intermittently works/does not work, which when it does not light up, my electric start will not work, and also the headlight will not turn on. If I pull start from the recoil rope and get it running, sometimes the light will come on and function normally. The key switch seems like it may be the culprit as sometimes if I jiggle it a little towards the off position the neutral light comes on. As this trike is street legal, there is a separate switch for blinkers and a horn and those function flawlessly all the time. Not having electric start is an inconvenience but not the end of the world, however I don't want to be in the woods pre-dawn during hunting season and the headlight go out so I'd like to get this fixed asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bad_boy_y
07-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Best tip you get a multimeter and start to follow your cable by start with the battery cable and test every connector , switch and fuse. For the neutral light test the switch direct on the tran.